Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Westfield manifold
Locost_col

posted on 24/11/12 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
Westfield manifold

Ok so I bought myself a nice stainless 4 branch manifold to replace the one that came with the car. Trouble is its fouling on the pre engaged starter

I measured it and I need to come 30mm over to clear. I'm thinking I should be able to use a few flanges to get this as opposed to cutting exhaust and welding sections in.

Has anyone else had this prob, also,any suggestions on where to purchase flanges?

Cheers

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
umgrybab

posted on 25/11/12 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
Assuming I am understanding you correctly... you then will most likely need longer studs and a set of exhaust gaskets between each set of flanges, unless you are planning to weld them all around the perimeter. This will still allow exhaust to escape through your stud holes however, I don't think you will ever manage to seal it especially with vibrations in the range of 24000Hz+. You are also then still changing the lengths of the header which will change the performance of your car, assuming these headers are designed to optimised harmonics. If I was to extend an exhaust out, I'd rather cut and weld in short sections rather than shim them out further, It will be more sturdy and has a guaranteed chance of sealing. Instead of doing any of this however, I'd rather buy a different header that cleared.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.