Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Today I succeeded at achieving nothing
theduck

posted on 1/1/13 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Today I succeeded at achieving nothing

So today I spent some long over due time working on the kit. It had been a long time since I had chance and despite a little time off over Christmas today wa the feat chance i got to go in the garage. I recently acquired some wing stays that required some adaptation to fit my car, so I got on with that first. I managed to take apart the required sections, take the required measurements, and start the process if cutting and welding the first side. Despite my awful welding I got the new bracket welded on (ok so I achieved something). However when I went to drill the required hole in the new bracket, realised I didn't have the required sized bit, so that job went on hold until I manage to get one and then probably have to adjust etc again before fully stripping and reprinting, and starting agin on the other side.

So after a break I went back in to have a go at fitting one or two of my new gauges (water temp sensor, oil pressure gauge and ammeter). Started by trying to fit the sensor for the water temp gauge, only to find its too big and so can't use the gauge.

Next up oil pressure gauge, didn't have a sooner large enough to remove the old pressure switch, found I had a socket the right size but then can't get the ratchet on so need to get a spanner the right size.

By this point I was just a but miffed and wanted to hear her run to cheer me up, but there wasn't enough fuel in the tank start due to the angle the cars jacked up at. So all in all just feel a bit miserable of having not managed to get any job done or even hear her run and deep down i know I should have focused on sorting out the mess of a loom the previous owner out in

coozer

posted on 1/1/13 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
I achieved bugger all as well, opened the garage looked inside... hmmm.. shut the door and started on the Bacardi instead...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

theduck

posted on 1/1/13 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
I've cracked open the port and it has provided inspriration on how to resolve the water temp sender issue, just got to find somewhere to buy the parts!
Furyous

posted on 1/1/13 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Well I finished welding up my exhaust manifold today. It's not pretty but I'm fairly pleased with it. Hopefully it should keep me going until I plump up for a proper one.
kipper

posted on 2/1/13 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
todays progress

Managed to get the roof on the new extension to my workshop.Just need to make and hang the doors at the weekend to give me another 3 mtr x 15 mtrs of space.
Denis.

Where did that go?
<<<<

steve m

posted on 2/1/13 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
well, ive had a couple of hours free, so went into the garage, sorted all the bits i need, including the 1/8bsp tap
got everything ready under the car, and decieded to go for a wee,

come back, and were is the 1/8 bsp tap ????????????????????????????
its not under the car were i left it, not in any pockets, not on the bench, not in the bathroom ???

So i have manged to lose the most critical bit to my job, and its taken me 3 hours to try and find it, having had the garage in bits, and emptying the garage bin twice!

Im sooooooooooooo pissed of!!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.