Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: The moment you realise...
theduck

posted on 18/1/13 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
The moment you realise...

Isn't it a kick te balls the moment you realise the part you have been making is completely wrong and you are going to have to start again?

I've been making up some wing stays for cycle wing on my s7 out of a pair that has been cut off another car, so needed to make new mounts. Just trial fitted them and realised that having the mount on te bottom of the bar causes it to foul the top wishbone, so now need to grind the mount off and start again

big-vee-twin

posted on 18/1/13 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Especially when its cold outside, stil that extra welding will keep you warm.

Keep up the good work

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

theduck

posted on 18/1/13 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Haha. Job for another day now a it's too bloody cold! Plus I'm not sure that just mounting it to the otherwise will work as I think originally witting was floored anyway, so back to the drawing board.
owelly

posted on 18/1/13 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
I completed making a water tank for my ambulance/camper out of stainless. It was shaped to fit around the wheel arch in the bathroom area with the top shaped to make the shower tray and fit the Thetfordtoilet. It took me just over 8 hours to make ot amd when I tried it, I'd made it in the mirror image of what I wanted.....

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Nickp

posted on 18/1/13 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I completed making a water tank for my ambulance/camper out of stainless. It was shaped to fit around the wheel arch in the bathroom area with the top shaped to make the shower tray and fit the Thetfordtoilet. It took me just over 8 hours to make ot amd when I tried it, I'd made it in the mirror image of what I wanted.....

Ideal, just find a camper that's the mirror image of yours

morcus

posted on 18/1/13 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Won't it fit the other side? The things cursed, thats why you had all the hassle getting it.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

FazerBob

posted on 19/1/13 at 12:48 AM Reply With Quote
Yep - did that last Saturday when I eventually finished making a manual choke conversion. Fitted it all on, then found it didn't work correctly.
Back to the drawing board! made another on Sunday, to a different design, and it works brilliantly.

Bob

blakep82

posted on 19/1/13 at 01:28 AM Reply With Quote
Thought this was going to be about aimi jones

I'm about to start on repainting a neighbours cb200 soo, dreading the moment when I'm near the end, its looking good, and I do something stupid...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.