Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Pembrey Sprint 02/06/13
phelpsa

posted on 3/6/13 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Pembrey Sprint 02/06/13

Having finally got round to fitting a camera that doesn't mind a bit of vibration, i thought i'd give a little 'video update'. We went down to Pembrey for the weekend to compete the British Sprint Championship round there this weekend and had a thoroughly good time.

The first couple of runs on Saturday weren't brilliant, relearning the track and changing the car setup to suit the smooth, dry tarmac we we treated to, but by the end of the day I had made it down to within 3/10ths of my previous best (on tyres that are a year older). I was also within a second of Ian Parr who was leading the class in his blisteringly quick Riot!

Going out on sunday I hoped to beat my PB and the conditions were definitely right. We had one practice run in which i was almost on my best time of the previous day, and then the first timed run in the morning. I came back in from that run saying 'I honestly dont think I can go any faster than that in this car today', which proved to be true, as the subsequent two runs were 0.26secs and 0.04secs slower.

Anyway, here's the video of the slowest of the 3 timed runs on Sunday, a 113.86.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoeBkGLbRAo

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 3/6/13 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Sunday was certainly the best day, the track was hot, well rubbered, the grip was incredible. I managed a 104 with the (relatively) underpowered 5VY Jedi, which I was happy with.

To get within your time of Ian Parr with his ACB10 shod beast is damn good, incredible in fact. Well done. I used to just about beat Ian and Mike (RIP) when they were running with the R1, in a similarly powered/shod Westfield, it's an incredibly quick car in incredibly quick hands.

phelpsa

posted on 3/6/13 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by motorcycle_mayhem
Sunday was certainly the best day, the track was hot, well rubbered, the grip was incredible. I managed a 104 with the (relatively) underpowered 5VY Jedi, which I was happy with.

To get within your time of Ian Parr with his ACB10 shod beast is damn good, incredible in fact. Well done. I used to just about beat Ian and Mike (RIP) when they were running with the R1, in a similarly powered/shod Westfield, it's an incredibly quick car in incredibly quick hands.

I think Ian had a bit more power and a bit less weight, but we're running A15 slicks which (being a bit softer) seemed to give a bit more time over the first lap.

I didn't manage to keep track of the single seater times, but all the Jedis I saw going round looked to be trying extremely hard! How did the times compare to the Forces?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.