New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: RING
02GF74

posted on 24/7/13 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
RING

Random Insurance Number Generator

approx 12:03 pm today

AB: Hello how can I help?
Me: I would like an insurance quote for my kit car.
AB: Very well sir, let me take some details.
Me. Details blah blah Formula 27 blah blah 2009 blah blah 3,000 miles blah 1600 blah blah
AB presses the RING, the sound of gears whirring can be heard ...... The best quote I get for fully comp, £ 250 excess is £ 170 plus £ 15 for agreed value. What has been your best quote and how does that compare?
Me. You are the first quote but I was hoping for around £ 130.
AB. Ok, let me try again. The lever for the RING is thrown and the noise of gears crunching and pistons screaching is heard once again.
One minute later ....
AB. I have a different company £ 140 fully comp including agree value and £ 100 excess.
Me. Ok, I take that.

Eh?!?!?!?!?!?

loggyboy

posted on 24/7/13 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
ring them back in half hour claiming a £100 quote elsewhere.

Mistral Motorsport

jossey

posted on 24/7/13 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
Isn't the sound you hear them rolling a dice lol

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 24/7/13 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/post.php?action=reply&fid=51&tid=182465&repquote=1541447
This is what happened to me too
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 24/7/13 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
Random Insurance Number Generator

approx 12:03 pm today

AB: Hello how can I help?
Me: I would like an insurance quote for my kit car.
AB: Very well sir, let me take some details.
Me. Details blah blah Formula 27 blah blah 2009 blah blah 3,000 miles blah 1600 blah blah
AB presses the RING, the sound of gears whirring can be heard ...... The best quote I get for fully comp, £ 250 excess is £ 170 plus £ 15 for agreed value. What has been your best quote and how does that compare?
Me. You are the first quote but I was hoping for around £ 130.
AB. Ok, let me try again. The lever for the RING is thrown and the noise of gears crunching and pistons screaching is heard once again.
One minute later ....
AB. I have a different company £ 140 fully comp including agree value and £ 100 excess.
Me. Ok, I take that.

Eh?!?!?!?!?!?

That's a basic sales technique that is. Go in at a higher price than the customer wants, then work your way down until the customer thinks he's got a deal.

As a seller it's easy to lower your price, but hard to increase it. There's nothing worse than offering a price and having your hand bitten off - that means you could have got a higher price.

ETA....This is further distorted for insurance brokers who will have different commission levels from different underwriters to consider.

[Edited on 24/7/13 by nick205]

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 24/7/13 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
It's called haggling and its been going on for thousands of years, it's not really a new thing.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
02GF74

posted on 24/7/13 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
dunno but this one is new to me. In my experience, usually the first quote is the best quote - I can only guess thier search engine is biassed to one or more companies who happen to be more expesnive and probably pay the broker to name them first.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.