Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: New owner, almost...
Jubal

posted on 29/10/05 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
New owner, almost...

Hi all

Been lurking for a while, but in a sudden rush of blood to the head I agreed to buy an Indy with a blade engine this morning.

It looks clean, engine runs well and I'm very excited now - I'm picking it up in a couple of weeks. Hoping for a few dry days over the winter for testing the thing.

Anyway, it has two things I'm looking for advice on:

1. The gear shift is direct attached and is one back and five forward. I'd much prefer one forward and five back. I'm told you can buy a linkage kit to sort it all out, although it requires a mounting point on the chassis to be welded on. Anyone have details?

2. The car has no lsd. I want one. It's a Sierra diff. Does anyone have one for sale?

TVM

Jon Ison

posted on 29/10/05 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
you could maybe alter the gear linkage by moving where it picks up on the lever too the other side of the pivot, hope that makes sense, maybe you would need a different lever and pivot point but without seeing the set up i would guess that would be an easy fix ?

LSD, not got one for sale but unless your after serious track use or donuts then there not really a "must have"

kevano

posted on 29/10/05 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
i've heard it's quite a simple job. def better with 1forward 5 back, the inertia's pulling you backwards anyway so makes more sense.! good luck with the car, fingers crossed for some dry days myself, they really are so much fun.you'll love it.kev
Jubal

posted on 29/10/05 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
It will be a track car first and foremost. For the cost I'd prefer to get an lsd. Are there any other mods people would recommend for a track car? TVM
Avoneer

posted on 29/10/05 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
About time you started building a car now isn't it Soopy?

Pat

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
_Aero_

posted on 29/10/05 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Avoneer
About time you started building a car now isn't it Soopy?

Pat

What the betting it's not an MK...

Hellfire

posted on 29/10/05 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Who the f*cks Soopy?.................................

If it's Snoopy you're talking about, I bet he's totally fed up of building the damned things Why would he want to build yet another?

[Edited on 29-10-05 by Hellfire]

progers

posted on 30/10/05 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
Recommended mods for the indy

Hi,

If the car is mainly used for trackdays I would get a front anti-roll bar and replace the top front wishbones (if they are the old round tube type) as they flex under heavy braking. Other than that I recommend you get the car set-up correctly (geometry) and corner weighted - makes a big difference

Cheers

paul

Peteff

posted on 30/10/05 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Who the f*cks Soopy?

Hang on Soopy, released by the McCoys in the 60's wasn't it?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Jubal

posted on 30/10/05 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by progers
Hi,

If the car is mainly used for trackdays I would get a front anti-roll bar and replace the top front wishbones (if they are the old round tube type) as they flex under heavy braking. Other than that I recommend you get the car set-up correctly (geometry) and corner weighted - makes a big difference

Cheers

paul

This one does have the round wishbones. But it's fairly cheap and gives me some things to do over the winter. Thanks for the advice.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.