Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tail gating a new sport!
jonbeedle

posted on 7/12/05 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Tail gating a new sport!

I've invented a new sport. What you do is to lob a half brick straight upwards through your open sun roof and watch in your rear view mirror as the tw*t who is sitting inches from your rear bumper gets his windscreen smashed!
You get more points if he swerves off the road and seriously injures himself!
Word of warning though, don't try this if there are other innocent law abiding motorists in the immediate vicinity!
Cheers
Jon

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Danozeman

posted on 7/12/05 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Are u a bit bitter about tail gaters old mate?

I find just standing on the brakes works wonders.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

serendipity123

posted on 7/12/05 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
my tin top still bears the scars of my last tailgater. . .he he hehee
omega 24 v6

posted on 7/12/05 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
I find that going really slow when there are cars coming the opposite way and then speeding up when the road is clear really hacks them off big time. Trouble is your always looking in your rear veiw to make sure they are concentrating on not hitting you. Chucking Favs
MikeR

posted on 7/12/05 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
nice to see you're in a good mood....

so who wants to guess what happened to jon today

omega 24 v6

posted on 7/12/05 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
He was upset????????????
UncleFista

posted on 8/12/05 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jonbeedle
I've invented a new sport. What you do is to lob a half brick straight upwards through your open sun roof and watch in your rear view mirror as the tw*t who is sitting inches from your rear bumper gets his windscreen smashed!
You get more points if he swerves off the road and seriously injures himself!
Word of warning though, don't try this if there are other innocent law abiding motorists in the immediate vicinity!
Cheers
Jon

Bricks are a bit "overkill" surely ?

I keep a packet of extra strong mints in the car specifically to flick up through the sunroof. On the very few occasions that's not been enough to get 'em to drop back, a penny flung through the sunroof has worked

If you flick it with your thumb, as if you're tossing a coin, no-one can tell it's you

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

iank

posted on 8/12/05 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Happy memories.

Years ago I was happily driving along a few mph above the speed limit, when this complete tw*t comes up on my bumper and starts flashing his lights.

Stood on the brakes hard (I'm sure a child/cat/dog had just run out in front of me). He 'just' managed to brake in time to avoid hitting me.

Last I saw in my rear view mirror was him stopped by the side shaking with his gf/wife giving him the ear bashing of his life. Served the idiot right, hopefully it cured him!

David Jenkins

posted on 8/12/05 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
I find that a good long spray of the windscreen washers is quite effective...

andyharding

posted on 8/12/05 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
When I had my MGF it had twin fog lamps so I just used the press the button and they thought I'd hit the brakes and suddenly dropped back

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

andyharding

posted on 8/12/05 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Oh, I've also spat chewing gum and various other things upwards to give them a nice addition to their windscreens

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

NS Dev

posted on 8/12/05 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
Tailgaters are annoying at the best of times, but they seemed to come out in force just as it got nice and icy around here!!

I did laugh when the tit that was tailgating me and evidently didnt know the lane that leads to my house cruised into the hedge!!! I had my Lucas 20/20 rally lights on on the XR4x4 as I came up to a particularly icy bend, (which I know VERY well) then dipped em and hooked my inside wheels into the ruts on the inside of the bend without braking and watched in my rear view mirror as he (or she, it was dark!) cruised straight on into the hedge!!!!

JamieG

posted on 8/12/05 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
Tailgaters v.annoying! Especially when your car is a 1124cc and no matter how hard you drive you can't get rid of them,as in my case!
I recently drove from Devon to W.sussex and had no problem with tailgaters during the whole journey untill i re-entered Devon and a 30mph limit and instantly someone was stuck to my back bumper!!!!

Anyone else know of any particularly bad counties for tailgating?

David Jenkins

posted on 8/12/05 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
The ones that really pee me off are the ones who sit on my tail when I'm doing (ahem) about 40 in a 30 zone - not exactly dawdling - then stay at 40 when I zoom off in a 60mph zone. In other words, they sat tight on my tail 'cos they were too lazy to move back a few yards, not because they were in a hurry and wanted me to go faster.

David

David Jenkins

posted on 8/12/05 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JamieG
Anyone else know of any particularly bad counties for tailgating?

Worst places I've ever seen were German autobahns - drivers are not allowed to flash or otherwise harass the driver in front, so they sit 25mm off their back bumper until they move over.

At 100+mph.

I once saw a row of 3 or 4 big Mercedes running this close to each other in the outside lane, doing well over 100mph - they might as well have been tied together.

Eek!

David

millenniumtree

posted on 31/1/06 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
In the build-it-yourself spirit, someone should make a tailgater deterrant device that's mounted to the car.

Like a washer fluid pump that's connected to the main resevoir but shoots directly out the back of the car.

If that doesn't work, maybe a ping pong ball launcher is in order.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 31/1/06 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Once lost the rear washer jet from my Citroen , it just pumped a large jet of water backwards . perhaps should have filled reservoir with old brake fluid.?
k33ts

posted on 7/2/06 at 12:32 AM Reply With Quote
carry some paint ball pellets and throw um out the sunroof.
thatll learn um

or if your brave eggs are good

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.