Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: The Good 'Book'
Johnny-Ace

posted on 17/3/03 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
The Good 'Book'

Planning buying a copy of 'the book'. Since I'll probably be going down the IRS route, am I right in thinking that the new edition, due out soon, now has details/spec for IRS?

John

James

posted on 18/3/03 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
According to someone who had mailed Ron Champion is has. Will be interesting to see how it's done.
Will probably halve the number of posts on this site though!

If you're keen it wouldn't hurt to have both books- I've spent awhile reading the 1st edition as it has several useful pictures and bits of info that are missing from the 2nd book.
I wonder how accurate the cutting list will be.... who'll be the first one brave enough to try it!

Cheers,

James

Simon

posted on 18/3/03 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Just spoke to Haynes' Customer Services about this very rumour.

She advised she hadn't heard of a third Edition, nor was there anything on her system.

Could be a ploy to sell off all the printed 2nd ed books first!!

ATB

Simon

Johnny-Ace

posted on 18/3/03 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
'new' edition

Interesting stuff eh? I don't know where I saw the bumph about a new edition with IRS info, but it was on some website and very recently.
Further to this then, can anyone tell me is there any definitive source of details/info/plans for incorporating the Sierra IRS into the 'Book' chassis?

Cheers for now
John

Simon

posted on 18/3/03 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Johnny

Most people (incl me) seem to be doing their own variation of Jim Dudley's Tiger Avon IRS onto RC's chassis.

ATB

Simon

kingr

posted on 18/3/03 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
and me!

Kingr Rescued attachment CHASSIS 2.JPG
Rescued attachment CHASSIS 2.JPG

chrisg

posted on 18/3/03 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
I'm pretty sure there is a third edition coming as Derek Manders who posts on here helped with the new section on weather gear.

You there Derek?

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Johnny-Ace

posted on 18/3/03 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys. Thanks for your help so far.
I'm assuming most of you are working from the 'book' initially, if only to get basic dimensions/geometry/etc. James suggested I try get a hold of the first edition as it has more info. I've had a look at Ron's site, Amazon, etc., but they've only got the 2nd edition for sale.
So . . . anybody got a copy of the first edition they'd like to sell to me - at a 'reasonable' price?

John

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.