Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec Cams
grusks

posted on 15/7/06 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec Cams

When setting the Cams to TDC ive noticed that you could get them 180o out. Via using the slots on the back of each cam

Im having trouble starting mine after a rebuild (back firing) and im wondering have i got my cams 180o out?

I thought as the valves didn't hit pistons when turning over by hand they was fitted correctly and i can’t remember what position they was before removing them. All my picture of the rebuild don’t show them, -sods law

Does anyone have a picture of there cams set to TDC I could have a closer look at?

Dusty

posted on 15/7/06 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
The slots at the back of the cams will only take a bar when correctly aligned. They are offset, so if the bar was in, then crank at TDC and the belt went on OK they wont be 180 out.
Danozeman

posted on 16/7/06 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

The slots at the back of the cams will only take a bar when correctly aligned. They are offset, so if the bar was in, then crank at TDC and the belt went on OK they wont be 180 out.

Too true. Youl only get your bar in when theyr right . The slots sit either
level with the top of the head or below. The bar will only go in with them above. The lower edge of the slot sits level with the top of the head casting.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.