Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: RH. Here we go again?
scotty g

posted on 16/10/06 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
RH. Here we go again?

just been over on the rhocar forum and it seems that the RobinHood website has been suspended again!
I guess things are NOT back to normal just yet, too little too late perhaps?

stevec

posted on 16/10/06 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Thought its been down for weeks.
Steve.

snapper

posted on 17/10/06 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone stuck for bits, call Gingerfix, if he does'nt have it he knows a man who does.
Thomas H

posted on 17/10/06 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
I have been to GBS (robin hood) today and ordered one of the first of the new Hood chassis having seen it earlyer this year at Newark. The lads at GBS were very help full and had some good ideas, they were telling me what had gone off with the old onwer and how he had run the company down.
It was nice to see Ian and Richard and the lads now running it with a real passion for the brand i wish them well

Thomas

Jon Ison

posted on 17/10/06 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
May have a run over sat, need too talk bonnets. Will report back my findings.

DarrenW

posted on 17/10/06 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas H
I have been to GBS (robin hood) today and ordered one of the first of the new Hood chassis having seen it earlyer this year at Newark. The lads at GBS were very help full and had some good ideas, they were telling me what had gone off with the old onwer and how he had run the company down.
It was nice to see Ian and Richard and the lads now running it with a real passion for the brand i wish them well

Thomas

Im always sceptical when new companies (i mean any new company, im not being automotive specific here) say they are good at the expense of others. Good marketeers rarely say they are just old shite in a good box.
That said i hope GBS do a good job.

scotmac

posted on 18/10/06 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Im always sceptical when new companies say they are good at the expense of others.

?????????????

Yes, the website being down is not a new thing. The new owners inherited a bad financial situation....no cash, including no cash to pay extra money for website bandwidth.

That said, they could keep the website up longer by simply removing some huge photos of the new hood from it, and thus not running out of download megs sooo quickly.

chockymonster

posted on 18/10/06 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scotmac
Yes, the website being down is not a new thing. The new owners inherited a bad financial situation....no cash, including no cash to pay extra money for website bandwidth.

That said, they could keep the website up longer by simply removing some huge photos of the new hood from it, and thus not running out of download megs sooo
quickly.

Their whole "downloaded to much" this month story has never washed, if you look at their provider they have GB bandwidth a month provisions. A decent amount of storage space and bandwidth is not expensive these days.

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scotmac

posted on 18/10/06 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chockymonster

Their whole "downloaded to much" this month story has never washed, if you look at their provider they have GB bandwidth a month provisions. A decent amount of storage space and bandwidth is not expensive these days.

I disagree. If you look at the recent history, it was down til the end of sept, then came back up for a few days at the beginning of oct, and has been down since.

scotmac

posted on 18/10/06 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scotmac
quote:
Originally posted by chockymonster

I disagree. If you look at the recent history, it was down til the end of sept, then came back up for a few days at the beginning of oct, and has been down since.

I do agree that they could/should throw more money at the ISP, but i don't think they realize the massive benefits of a web presence.

scotmac

posted on 18/10/06 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
Website is up at the new domain:

http://www.greatbritishsportscars.co.uk/news.php

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.