Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: cleaning tiles help needed
doughie

posted on 24/1/07 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
cleaning tiles help needed

am doing a bit of tiling and wondering if anyone has a good way of cleaning metal marks off ceramic tiles?

say if my drill head touches and leaves a scuff mark...

bobrailings

posted on 24/1/07 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Cif (Jif) cream usually gets rid of most marks
doughie

posted on 24/1/07 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
cheers bobrailings; tried jif but some of the mark seem to have 'ground in' if that makes sense
jlparsons

posted on 24/1/07 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
I got them off my ceramic sink using a green plastic scourer, jiff and a lot of elbow grease. Took ages but came up.

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval, terms and conditions apply. Apply only to affected area. For recreational use only. All models over 18 years of age. No user-serviceable parts inside. Subject to change. As seen on TV. One size fits all. May contain nuts. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly.

doughie

posted on 24/1/07 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
thanks - more effort required by me and its good to know they hopefully wont be there for ever - its the little bits that annoy you that its good to find out how to sort
chuffy

posted on 24/1/07 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
you can get an rubber from a plumbers merchant to remove marks from sinks and toilets, that should work.
jlparsons

posted on 24/1/07 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Good to know. Sink's looking very marked again and I'm famously workshy.

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval, terms and conditions apply. Apply only to affected area. For recreational use only. All models over 18 years of age. No user-serviceable parts inside. Subject to change. As seen on TV. One size fits all. May contain nuts. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly.

rotax78

posted on 24/1/07 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
as above a "bath rubber" or sometimes it's called a "diamond rubber" from a plumbers merchant, failing that i would recommend a cleaning product called "bar keepers friend" you can get it in asda and i imagine lots of simmilar places. Mix it into a paste, rub on and voila job done

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.