Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Emissions on 97 919 Blade
mike smith1

posted on 25/1/07 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Emissions on 97 919 Blade

Prior to the SVA i will be going to the rolling road, what emission readings will i need to achieve for my 97 919 Blade?

Obviously at the SVA I will have a CAT, any tips and tricks to get the emissions down while i can play with the carbs etc he has a gas analyizer.

Cheers Mike

chockymonster

posted on 25/1/07 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
If it's cat based then you want lambda at between .99 and 1.03 and CO very low.
Mine was CO at 0 and Lambda at 1.02

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GeoffB

posted on 25/1/07 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
I just passed (dec 06) with a 97 blade + cat..
I used the snoopy fish tank valve set up + my cat inplace of the link pipe

I had the mixture(pilot)screws most of the way out (anti clockwise) probabley 3-4 turns..It was running on the merest whiff of petrol and i had the cat F***ing hot virtually glowing red..
But it cas very low on Co and the other one (its on the tip of my tongue) and squeezed through on the lamba

dont drive it like this..cause it wont like it atall and will not rev above 3000K,try and get it trucked if poss..
These settings gave me a pass and it will give you a very good base to start

Any other Q's please ask

Geoff

alanr

posted on 26/1/07 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
interesting reading Geoff what you said you did to pass the emissions

my MNR will be 3 years old later this year, powered by a '97 Blade and will have to pass the emissions as stated on the Reg Doc when it has its first MOT

the car has no cat and was dynojetted when put on the road - is it just a case of temporarily fitting a cat and winding the mixture screws out to get through and then put it back to what it was or is that too simple

Alan

MikeRJ

posted on 26/1/07 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GeoffB
I had the mixture(pilot)screws most of the way out (anti clockwise) probabley 3-4 turns..It was running on the merest whiff of petrol and i had the cat F***ing hot virtually glowing red..

Running an engine too weak will cause an increase in unburnt or partialy burnt hydrocarbons, which is consistent with the converter running hot (as it has plenty of oxygen to oxidise the HC). Richening it up a bit from there should still give you low tailpipe emmisions but without the risk of hurting the cat.

GeoffB

posted on 26/1/07 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
I did pass the sva set up as described,and i hope that when it comes to my mot..i hope it will be a case of just bolting on the cat,putting snoopy fishtank valve set up back on and playing with the mixture settings.. i cant see why it should be any different as this was how it was set up when it passed the emissions at the sva. and it should be just reversing what i have taken off..

This is if i dont just have a visible smoke test..

Geoff

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.