Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: want to know more
86barettaguy

posted on 11/7/03 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
want to know more

I've read about BEC a couple of times, and I always start to wonder about these things...

* How does it work? how do you transfer the power from the engine to the wheels? are there any special parts required? anyone have pics?

* How do you connect the gearbox to the shift-device (couldn't find a better word to include both normal sticks and paddles)?

* What manufacturers make kits for bike engined vehicles?

* Why don't I see more vehicles with a front like a F1 car and only 1 rear wheel? I'm thinking that could be pretty interesting...

Rorty

posted on 12/7/03 at 03:00 AM Reply With Quote
If the engine is front mounted, then a flex coupler is attached to the bike's outputshaft in place of the sprocket, and a universal joint connects it to the prop shaft.
In a rear engined setup, the flexy coupling can be connected directly to the input flange on the diff, or a special chain drive cassette including reverse gear can be used.
Check out the links on this site for different manufacturers.
If you're after three wheelers, do a search for them,as there are several manufacturers and forums, including one at Yahoo.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisg

posted on 12/7/03 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

* Why don't I see more vehicles with a front like a F1 car and only 1 rear wheel? I'm thinking that could be pretty interesting...

Try this

The chrisg trike

My next project, god knows when tho......

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Jasper

posted on 12/7/03 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Maybe when you've finished the other one??????

Peteff

posted on 12/7/03 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Now now Jasper!!

Getting a bit cocky. Don't incur the wrath of the Master(of sarc), sic him Chris.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

chrisg

posted on 12/7/03 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for the delay, I've been out in my car

Cheers

Chris

BTW you're going to get a slap, teddy bear boy

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.