Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Aston Martin sold!
02GF74

posted on 12/3/07 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
Aston Martin sold!

that its; it's been sold to 4 business men type person, 2 of who are Kuwaitis.
James

posted on 12/3/07 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
bollocks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

ned

posted on 12/3/07 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6442101.stm

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 12/3/07 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
It's sort-of understandable - Astons are now in direct competition with Jaguar, as far as Ford is concerned (maybe not the DB9, but certainly the DB7).

James

posted on 12/3/07 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ned
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6442101.stm

Ah, Prodrive.

Maybe all will be ok then.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Agriv8

posted on 12/3/07 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Brother in law works there.

Early days but major production lines improvments / tooling planned .

All a little hush hush but 2 + 2 = 4 in my book.

Sleek lines of the DB with the technology / grip of that prodrive car on Topgear cant rember its name.

Sound like a good recipy to me, ( along as it keep the V engines )

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

BenB

posted on 12/3/07 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
bollocks.

No- it's true

smart51

posted on 12/3/07 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
that its; it's been sold to 4 business men type person, 2 of who are Kuwaitis.

It is Kuwaiti money in the hands of Prodrive. It might be the best thing to happen to Aston.

Bear in mind that Ford lost over $13,000,000,000 last year. AML was sold for around $680,000,000, or about 2.5 weeks worth of Ford losses. If ford could sell another 19 AMLs then it would be set for a whole year.

G.Man

posted on 12/3/07 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
So no more jags that look like astons then

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

scoobyis2cool

posted on 12/3/07 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
I think it should be great - Dave Richards is a real Aston enthusiast so it's nice to have someone in charge who isn't just in it for the money

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Agriv8

posted on 12/3/07 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
especially if they all turn out like the DB9 on the prodrive stand at autosport .

Regards

Agriv8

Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

marcjagman

posted on 12/3/07 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
But let's be honest here, like Rover the execs will get greedy and run it into the ground.
speedyxjs

posted on 12/3/07 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Do you think dave will now build that prodrive that was on top gear a couple of series ago? He might build it as an aston .

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

scoobyis2cool

posted on 12/3/07 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
Do you think dave will now build that prodrive that was on top gear a couple of series ago? He might build it as an aston .

Which one, the P2? I think if it ever does see the light of day, which is doubtful, it'll be as a Prodrive car rather than an Aston, it doesn't quite fit with the Aston Martin image. Oh yeah, and it was made from Subaru bits

Would love to see it made though!

Pete

Agriv8

posted on 12/3/07 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs

Thats what I was on about what was the thing called ?????? that sort of technical nouse with Aston badge and body they have to be onto somthing.

Regards

Agriv8

scoobyis2cool

posted on 12/3/07 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Do you mean this one?

If so it's the P2, built as a technical showcase really to help build their profile.

Prodrive P2
Prodrive P2

Pete

Simon

posted on 12/3/07 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
The P2 looks like a modernisation of the SV.

I think it's great thet Aston back in British hands - it means there's a car I can buy when the ZT packs up.

What they need to do, is what Porsche did with the Boxster.

And comments about bringing down the Aston name will be met with derision. By me!

ATB

Simon

andyps

posted on 12/3/07 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote
I think Aston will be run slightly differently to Rover - and they are starting from a very different position.

The P2 is fabulous, but not an Aston. It just shows what Prodrive can do.

May well see Aston in F1 in 2008 - possibly as a badge on the Prodrive entry.

What I really want to know is why Aston are in the "Locost related" section - didn't read anything about the new owners planning a book called "Build your own Aston Martin for £250"

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

Agriv8

posted on 13/3/07 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
wasnt meaning that they should produce the P2

just thinking along the lines that if the have the back room boys that can produce the clever bits in the P2 imagine what that could do to the Aston !! I means its already good but with that technology must be looking at making Lambo sleighing performance and drivability

regards

Agirv8

andyps

posted on 13/3/07 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
By all accounts Prodrive have already produced a kit to make the Aston V8 Vantage an even better car, so roll on their involvement in all things Aston.

Andy

DIY Si

posted on 13/3/07 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
All the V8 needed from the factory was a better 'charger. IIRC they use the same one Jag do, and it's not the best. Chuck a nice Whipple on it and you're supposed to get about another 80-100bhp from the lower charge temps and more efficient comp process. It's one thing I was looking at doing to the Jag V8. Or have Aston Used a different V8 without telling me?

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

andyps

posted on 13/3/07 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
The Aston V8 Vantage doesn't use a charger - tis naturally aspirated. Based loosely on the Jag engine, but not many interchangeable components. 380hp as standard, about 425 I think with the Prodrive enhancements.

Andy

DIY Si

posted on 13/3/07 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Ah, I had a feeling I'd gotten something ar$e about face. In which case then, just throw a charger at it!

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

Peteff

posted on 13/3/07 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Ford are maintaining an interest in the company though according to the news. They are helping with R & D

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

scoobyis2cool

posted on 13/3/07 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Ford are maintaining an interest in the company though according to the news. They are helping with R & D

Yeah apparently they're still going to be supplying the engines, but hopefully with a bit of Prodrive tuning on top

Pete

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.