Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: And so it begins...
Chr!S

posted on 24/3/07 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
And so it begins...

After having to wait 6 weeks for a free slot in the university welding bay I gave up on the chassis for a bit and went donor shopping.

I am now the proud owner of a 1992 Vauxhall Carlton 2.0 GL! Im in a bit of a dilemma as its worth a few hundred as it is absolutely *Immaculate* and its a shame to break it...

Still If I want an immaculate Locost then it obviously needs to be based on good parts - besides at £90 Im quite happy that its cheap enough to warrant stripping

Worrying bit of diff whine but I can live with that to make the mountings, maybe repairing it later. Hoping to upgrade to the 20XE later, having said that though this 8v I have is the smoothest vaux' box' engine Ive seen...

Does anyone know the rear track? Im trying to compare it to a Sierra

matt_gsxr

posted on 24/3/07 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
why not a sierra?

was is another £20?

Chr!S

posted on 25/3/07 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Nope, "Another £20" wouldnt help. Have seen NO suitable sierras for two months in my area, even with a bit of travelling

Its not a problem as the parts are all in good order. Started taking bits off it today and found its incredibly easier to work on than I thought it would be.

Having friends and relatives in the scrap trade did uncover two sierras but being scrapped for mechanical reasons...

matt_gsxr

posted on 25/3/07 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
fair enough

You are a brave man,

Matt

Chr!S

posted on 28/3/07 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
thanks, I guess :s

I cant forsee any obvious problems at the moment, apart from the 8v engine in the front I was tempted to go BEC but couldnt even find bike parts near me either....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.