Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Weber DGAV question.
JohanP

posted on 29/3/07 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Weber DGAV question.

Hi,

I'm currently trying to locate a Weber 32/36 DGAV complete with manifold etc. Here in Sweden Granada/Cortina/Capri aren't very common in scrapyards.
I found a Granada, remover the carburetor and it said "32 DGAV 24C" on the base.

Is this a 32/36 DGAV or will it say so on the carb if it is?

If this is a smaller type of DGAV can I still use it on a standard 2 litre Pinto? Or I should continue searching?

//Johan

I have fun Seven days a week!
Finished: http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=52344

Mr Whippy

posted on 29/3/07 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
The one for the pinto has a progressive second barrel that is it opens later than the first. The one for the Granada has both butterfly valves open at the same time (that is of course if the Granada is a V6). The Granada carb on a pinto can be a big pain and has very little torque. Pulling away in third is all but imposable.

This is all based on my messing about with my old cortina.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 29/3/07 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Hello Johan

I have an inlet manifold for a 32/36 DGAV in the garage,if you or any of the other builders coming over from sweden for the stoneleigh show you can have the manifold for free.

The manifold has a damaged pipe/joint but this can be replaced or repaired.

blakep82

posted on 29/3/07 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
i can't find a 24C in my list of carbs and their applications, but yes, the 32/36DGAV has t different size barrels,

the 32/36 DGAV 23A and 32/36 DGAV 27A seem to be used on 2litre Capris as original equipment. not sure what the difference between 23A, 24C and 27A would be though...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

JohanP

posted on 29/3/07 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
Thanks for the answers!

The guy at the scrapyard had a look at the carb and he said "It's an old Sierra carb.", he based this on some extra vaccum connections.

Maybe at some point this Granada has had the carb replaced. Who knows...
But it had a 2litre Pinto and the carb looks like a DGAV.

If it is a 32/36 DGAV would it actually say "32/36 DGAV" on the base of the carb?

Bob - thanks for the offer. But there were actually some manifols at the scrapyard but only one carb.
Some fellow swedish builders are actually going to Stoneleigh. Unfortunately not me.

//Johan

blakep82

posted on 30/3/07 at 12:05 AM Reply With Quote
If it is a 32/36 DGAV would it actually say "32/36 DGAV" on the base of the carb?

it certainly would

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

JohanP

posted on 30/3/07 at 06:27 AM Reply With Quote
"it certainly would :-) " - Ok, thanks! Even if it is a Ford spec 32/36 DGAV?

I'm sorry but I have to continue since I'm getting more and more confused.
I had a quick look in my Sierra Haynes manual this morning and it says that before 1985 the 2.0 SOHC Sierra had a carb that was called Weber 2V and this is according to Haynes a 32/36 DGAV carb!

If the scrapyard guy is correct in saying that his carb is an old Sierra carb then it must be a 32/36 DGAV! But why does it say "32 DGAV 24C" on it?
And why does he come up with the figure 32mm when he measures both barrels? Does he measure in the wrong place?

//Johan

bob

posted on 30/3/07 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Keep looking for a 32/36 i'm sure one will appear in the end,even if its over here and one of the lads coming to stoneleigh can pick up.

Sadly i have just sold two after coverting from pinto to zetec and bike carbs,i sold one complete carb for £12 so a bargain can be found .

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.