Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MS tuning help. log checking
ibakes

posted on 9/6/07 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
MS tuning help. log checking

Hello all

Just wondering if there is anyone around the Worthing area who can give me a few pointers on tuning my engine, for a few beers.

I had it all idling nicely, then played around with VR table and now its idling around 1600

With me wedding only 4 weeks away I would love to take it and think I need a bit of help even though I keep looking through the manual.

No MOT or tax at the moment and also I'm having trouble getting all the air out of the cooling system so it gets a bit hot, hopefully this should be fixed soon.

Many thanks in advance

[Edited on 12/6/07 by ibakes]

Chippy

posted on 9/6/07 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Having just fitted MS to my engine, the only advise I would give is that you absolutely need to get it on a rolling road for propper tune. A friend got mine pretty good, but when taken to the r/road they got another 14bhp out of it, and loads more torque. HTH Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

ibakes

posted on 12/6/07 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hello

Yeah i will take it on a Rolling road but would like a close map to start with

I have been playing around tonight trying to tune me MS while stationary, and wondered could some one have a nose at my before and after logs to make sure I’m going in the right direction and any pointers anyone may have.

I’ve been using Megalog viewer to try to keep my O2 sensor around the lower 13 mark and think I may have done ok. I started with the engine almost stalling when opening the throttle quickly and all looks to be almost there now, but if someone could be kind enough just to check it would be greatly appreciated.

Megasqurt 1 V3 with MS&S firmware upgrade Ford EDIS, 2ltr Duratec, ZX10 Throttle bodies, innovate LC-1 Wideband sensor

Many thanks in advance

ibakes

posted on 12/6/07 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
start off
ibakes

posted on 12/6/07 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Finnished up

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.