Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: FIRST KIT
THE BEAR

posted on 21/7/07 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
FIRST KIT

o well her goes iam looking at starting me first kit i have a 4*4 rear lsd a 2lt focus zetec and type 9 box but what kit does every one go for for the first one

ps how do you get a pic on here

jacko

posted on 21/7/07 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
That looks like you have the start of a very nice car maybe a bit harder to do then a pinto engine but all on here will help you with problems
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
THE BEAR

posted on 21/7/07 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for your reply iam looking at the the mk indy or the gts kits at the mo do you no any thing about these two and how can i put a pic on me profile
NeilP

posted on 21/7/07 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Bear,

Do a search on Avatars and all will be revealed...

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

Hellfire

posted on 21/7/07 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Assuming this is the picture you want, save it in your archive and paste the URL into your Avatar box.

Phil

[img][/img]

Hellfire

posted on 21/7/07 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
With regards to the kits you'll get biased answers, so the best way to decide is to get along to one of the shows and have a look at the quality for yourself.

You'll not go far wrong with either of the kits you've mentioned. Location can also be an influencing factor on the kit you decide to go for.

I'd say go for the MK but then I'm biased

Phil

caber

posted on 21/7/07 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Who needs a kit ? If you are serious why not go with one or other of the books and build it from scratch? It will take longer but it will a) be much more satisfying b) you will have much more control over your build, not tied to one supplier for parts. c) you will learn so much more than bolting a kit together and you will be responsible for any problems rather than some manufacturer therefore you can fix them yourself and take pride in it! d) you have the opportunity to build a unique vehicle exactly as you want it!

It may well not be noticeably cheaper than a kit but it will be worth so much more to you.

Caber

THE BEAR

posted on 21/7/07 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
yes that is true and i do have the book allreay but would need alot more room then what i have but iam still looking at that as a 3rd choice tho many thanks
donut

posted on 21/7/07 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
MK and GTS have there own sections on this forum, so do MAC#1, Luego, MNR and Tiger. Read them they ae quite interesting!! As said, best to go to a show and sit in a few cars or go see someone local who has a car that you are interested in.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.