Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: POSTAGE COMPLAINTS HOTLINE
Krismc

posted on 29/8/07 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
POSTAGE COMPLAINTS HOTLINE

SORRY THIS WAS A MEGASQUIRT THREAD, BUT TREV DECIDED TO GET ON HIS HIGH HORSE.....

...RIGHT FIRE AWAY WHAT DO YOU WANT

might as well get this all over with.

[Edited on 1/9/07 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

coozer

posted on 29/8/07 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
What do you need Kris? Is it setup?

Can Jude not help?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Krismc

posted on 29/8/07 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Yea its running, but major rich! i also need to find a throttle cable bracket after i found my throttle boddies donts have one!

you have PM

[Edited on 29/8/07 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

andy o

posted on 29/8/07 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
am i missing something here?
Trev D

posted on 29/8/07 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Kris nice to see you've got some money. Thanks for the threat of your solicitor still eagerly awaiting
ned

posted on 29/8/07 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
If you're willing to spend money then why not just buy a branded ecu and take it to a rolling road, they will have it sorted in half a day!

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jambojeef

posted on 29/8/07 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
My god Kris!

Hasnt it been at Jude Performance Wotsit for ages?

How come they havent had any luck?

MkIndy7

posted on 29/8/07 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ned
If you're willing to spend money then why not just buy a branded ecu and take it to a rolling road, they will have it sorted in half a day!

I think he's just trying to show his frustration!

I'd happily give somebody £100 to tune mine right now.. either i'm getting something fundementally wrong or its a nightmare!.

Reading it before buying it all seems rather easy with a LC-1 wideband, but being open source there's so many different explanations of how to tune it, most of them far too vague and not in enough detail, whereas with a bought system there is THE manual and thats it.

There are also settings that can conflict an another without warning or explanation.

garage19

posted on 30/8/07 at 05:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trev D
Hi Kris nice to see you've got some money. Thanks for the threat of your solicitor still eagerly awaiting

Whats all that about then?

Krismc

posted on 30/8/07 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a MP4 for £120ish it was still boxed, He bought off me for £70(or there abouts) he wanted free delivery and i sent it by royal mail, it got lost in post, im glad for once i kept proof of posting, he didnt ask me to pay insurance, we both contacted royal mail informed us they lost it, they have to wait 28days before they sent a letter saying it was lost to both me and him, then they sent a cheque for compensation and he wouldnt except it.

Still got the u2u saying he didnt want it.

So the cheque never got cashed- and he emails and u2u's me every other week what can i do

....now he hi-jacks every thread like a small child and keeps asking stupid questions, although there is nothing i can do.

Ps. every thing i sell goes recorded delivery now!

Pp.s I keep all the posts printed off as it is a form off 'ISP stalking' hence why he would like a letter from my solicitor.

[Edited on 30/8/07 by Krismc]

Krismc

posted on 30/8/07 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jambojeef
My god Kris!

Hasnt it been at Jude Performance Wotsit for ages?

How come they havent had any luck?

no mate, they havent got the time to do it so now ive got it back home!

Krismc

posted on 30/8/07 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MkIndy7
quote:
Originally posted by ned

I think he's just trying to show his frustration!

I'd happily give somebody £100 to tune mine right now.. either i'm getting something fundementally wrong or its a nightmare!.

Reading it before buying it all seems rather easy with a LC-1 wideband, but being open source there's so many different explanations of how to tune it, most of them far too vague and not in enough detail, whereas with a bought system there is THE manual and thats it.

There are also settings that can conflict an another without warning or explanation.

Yea, bit too vague for me too.

also if you print off wiring diagrams there are a lot of differant ways and dodgy diagrams- but sorted that now!

polus

posted on 30/8/07 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
BTW: Recorded delivery isnt good enough. Stuff still gets stolen and its only insured to 30 squid, its not tracked and only requires a signiture at the other end (which often just gets bypassed). (IMHO) Use an independant or bend over for special delivery.
Mole

posted on 30/8/07 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
or bend over for special delivery.

They prefer money at the post office I go to.

[Edited on 30/8/07 by Mole]

Dangle_kt

posted on 30/8/07 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
re postage...

when buying stuff off a forum everyone wants a good price, and arn't willing to stump up the extra for their protection for special delivery or insurance (even expecting not to a pay a penny toward postage in some cases), and yet when it all goes wrong it's a very awkward situation.

Personally I'd always stump up the extra couple of quid for the peace of mind, if I was buying something. But I wouldnt expect the seller to bear this cost.

That my opinion anyway - back on topic!

Trev D

posted on 30/8/07 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
The sum of £80 was agreed for the purchase of the MP4 recorder. I asked if this included postage Kris then asked me for half the postage making a total of £83. This payment was made through a bank transfer with my understanding that £6 would at least cover Recorded delivery or trackable post.
The item did not arrive and after some months later I asked for a 50 50 loss agreement which I was very abruptly turned down I was told the compensation that he had also recieved from the post office of £30 was all I was getting. So I am out of pocket to the tune of £83 and he has inccured no losses. Trev

DavidM

posted on 30/8/07 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
quote:
quote:

I bought a MP4 for £120ish it was still boxed, He bought off me for £70(or there abouts) he wanted free delivery and i sent it by royal mail, it got lost in post, im glad for once i kept proof of posting, he didnt ask me to pay insurance, we both contacted royal mail informed us they lost it, they have to wait 28days before they sent a letter saying it was lost to both me and him, then they sent a cheque for compensation and he wouldnt except it.

Still got the u2u saying he didnt want it.

So the cheque never got cashed- and he emails and u2u's me every other week what can i do

....now he hi-jacks every thread like a small child and keeps asking stupid questions, although there is nothing i can do.

Ps. every thing goes recorded delivery now!

Pp.s I keep all the posts printed off as it is a form off 'ISP stalking' hence why he would like a letter from my solicitor.

[Edited on 30/8/07 by Krismc]

Hi Kris,

I think I've asked this before, but this isn't the one that you're selling me is it?

Always assuming the bank track down my cheque.

David

polus

posted on 31/8/07 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
The sum of £80 was agreed for the purchase of the MP4 recorder. I asked if this included postage Kris then asked me for half the postage making a total of £83. This payment was made through a bank transfer with my understanding that £6 would at least cover Recorded delivery or trackable post.
The item did not arrive and after some months later I asked for a 50 50 loss agreement which I was very abruptly turned down I was told the compensation that he had also recieved from the post office of £30 was all I was getting. So I am out of pocket to the tune of £83 and he has inccured no losses. Trev

Sounds a little unfair as its the sellers responsibility for ensuring the goods are delivered regardless.

Krismc

posted on 1/9/07 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
re postage...

when buying stuff off a forum everyone wants a good price, and arn't willing to stump up the extra for their protection for special delivery or insurance (even expecting not to a pay a penny toward postage in some cases), and yet when it all goes wrong it's a very awkward situation.

Personally I'd always stump up the extra couple of quid for the peace of mind, if I was buying something. But I wouldnt expect the seller to bear this cost.

That my opinion anyway - back on topic!

I just forked £130 for a MP4 player and then my GF bought me another one as a present (same one) but my car still isnt on road so i was selling both, id already been knocked down for them so why should i pay to protect someone elses money!!

quote:
Sounds a little unfair as its the sellers responsibility for ensuring the goods are delivered regardless.

erm this isnt ebay, or paypal !!!! ....there are no the rules.

its a verbal agreement or just what goes on between each other via u2u, and if i say i can send it royal mail(PF) and never say its insured, special delivery or on the back of a donkey.... then is as i say royal mail. (Im not forking out extra money to cover sumone elses back)

i kept proof of posting and spent a few quid ringing royal mail to get his bloody compensation...then he didnt want it!!

TREV.....

You want something as cheap as you can get it, then you dont ask for insurance, you parcel goes missing, then you dont want the compensation.

royal mail originally said it could still come after bout 10-12days you where already that is when you where on phone asking for a full refund. I asked you to wait til the comp forms came and you never spoke since.

......then you rant and rave on the forum. you have never rang and spoke to me since i got you the comp cheque(royal mail have it if you want it), therefore how can we come to any agreement!

Trev D

posted on 1/9/07 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Kris If you are true to your word and have binned the Royal mail compensation cheque. I am £83 out of pocket If you send me a cheque for £41.50 we'll end it here and know and not another word will be said and we can both can get on with whatever we want and not be bothered by each other again. I promise never to hound you again.
regards Trev

graememk

posted on 1/9/07 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
make sure you send the payment recorded.

Mole

posted on 1/9/07 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
and pay for it with money
Krismc

posted on 2/9/07 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Hang about why dont you want the royal mail, cheque???? ... thats why you havent got any money back phone royal mail with your referance i originally gave you and get the £35 or £30 what ever it was, first...(like i said to do in the first place)...and then we can talk, i aint forking out all the money when they will send you a cheque for most of it!

[Edited on 2/9/07 by Krismc]

Trev D

posted on 2/9/07 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Kris, I apologise if you think I am being unfair in my request of a 50 50 loss. As it would be a 50 50 loss as the price you paid for the item bares no relevance to this argument. You are the only person that can claim from the royal mail as you were the sender. Trev
Krismc

posted on 3/9/07 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
I did claim under your name, like we discussed and they sent the cheque with your name on it, and when i asked if you wanted it you said no, you are welcome to ring and get the cheque re-sent but i aint and havent got the time!!

...your the one messing about here!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.