Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: feeding pressure washer with hot water?
mr henderson

posted on 9/9/07 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
feeding pressure washer with hot water?

Seems like a good idea to me, feeding a standard cold water pressure washer with water at say 50/60degrees C, maybe from a tank set up for this purpose. Got to be better for cleaning donor parts than using cold. Who would try washing dishes in cold water?
Anyone have any comments?

mark chandler

posted on 9/9/07 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
I have a hot water outside tap and mine is fine on water thats too hot for your hands.

No trubs with my jet washer after a couple of years and its much more effective for cleaning engine parts, infact practically anything !

Regards Mark

RazMan

posted on 9/9/07 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent idea! I must remember to add a hot feed into my new garage

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
INDY BIRD

posted on 11/10/07 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Why didnt i think of that ahh perhaps because i done this before with a hose pipe and it bleed thae tank dry causing air locks in the tank and lines be carefull is all i say it was a head ache for me,
RazMan

posted on 11/10/07 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
It shouldn't be a problem with a pressure washer as it actually uses less water than an open hose - unless you've got a humungous washer that is

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dhutch

posted on 19/11/07 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote

Hi, just new to posting on here.

We have a steamboat, and use a hypro three ram presure washer pump as a boiler feed pump.
Its pumping water around the 80c mark, and has been quite happyly doing this for the last 12 years (1500hours?).
All be it around 200rpm rather than 2000.

You could also try feeding it with detergent. I dont know what washer you have and if it has a detergent pickup/dispenser on it.
- But when i presure wash stuff with ours i often use the detergent pick up to spray jydes fulid or fairy liquid all over the place.
- It will also pick up from a standing container (rather than a hose pipe) so you can actually draw anything through it potentially!

[Edited on 20/11/07 by dhutch]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.