Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: new user hoping to build
andrew.boyle

posted on 30/10/07 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
new user hoping to build

hi guys,

ive decided to build a kit with my old man funds are tight so im on the lookout for an unfinished project already found one and left a message with and emailed the guy

now im about to be 19 been driving almost two years and i am used to rwd (first car was a matt black used and abused 2.0 capri)

im planning on a 2.1 pinto 4speed box and wil have to have an lsd

im not fussed either live axle or irs and hope to have ti done by this time next year or sooner

im in the process of selling the capri and some other bits and bobs and if this guy rings back about the mostly complete unfinished project i will be going to the bank to get out a loan (lol nnot the best idea i know but its what im looking for ! )

just thought i would say hello as i will no doubt have alot of questions !

Hammerhead

posted on 30/10/07 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
good on ya, chase the dream.

Good idea to put a location on your profile, you never know, someone nearby might be able to donate a few parts to the cause!

worX

posted on 30/10/07 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah put your location in your settings, and people comeout of the woodwork to help!

Welcome to the forum etc.

Oh, a loan paid for my car mate! Best thing I've spent borrowed money on!

Steve

Jon Ison

posted on 30/10/07 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hi n welcome, see you for a blat soon ?
MK Charlie

posted on 31/10/07 at 12:54 AM Reply With Quote
Having helped my stepdad build a locost before and it to be written off 12miles into our first drive by some idiot not looking where he was going i decided to buy a pre built car. took a loan out earlier this year over 3years and bought my MK! I'm only 20 and absolutely love it. the amount of looks i get everywhere i go in it, and the jealousy you get from middle aged men who cant take seeing a young "whipper-snapper" in a car they would love to own! My parents encouraged me to buy the MK as they said "enjoy having toys like this now, because when you first get on the property ladder and have kids you wont be able to afford it" haha. Wise words. Anyway, i hope you find a good kit and get it out ready for next summer. Just taken mine off the road for the winter and wish i could have just one last drive!
Andybarbet

posted on 31/10/07 at 01:09 AM Reply With Quote
If your interesetd, there,s a kit car meeting in Baldock Herts this sunday, great bunch and some lovely varied cars too..
Let me know if you want any info ??

Good luck with the hunt too..

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.