Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: and you thought bike carbs were a new phenomena....
02GF74

posted on 14/11/07 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
and you thought bike carbs were a new phenomena....

... but back in 28 October 1971, when everything was in black and wite, Mini Cooper S, fitted with an eight port crossflow cylinder head.

This picture gives a good indication of an Eight-port cylinder head and Amal motorcycle carburettors. At £545 the Special Tuning package was more than half the price of a Mini Cooper 1275S.

and to think that today you could build 2 sports cars and still have £ 45 left over!!!!

iank

posted on 14/11/07 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Bill Richards Racing will still build you one if you want - probably still half the cost of a mint cooper S unfortunately.

The Arden 8 port heads can be got from MiniSpares (for a price!). I think they use modern bike carbs or webbers these days as those old Amal carbs are rocking horse poo.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Peteff

posted on 14/11/07 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
I saw a car with that setup fitted when they were current in the 70s. The same car is still on the road now but I think it has a standard engine in.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.