Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Highs and Lows
mistergrumpy

posted on 23/11/07 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
Highs and Lows

Well yesterday my exhaust manifold finally arrived from MK after 7-8 weeks (was quoted 2-3 Must say the quality isn't as good as the one on Hellfires but hey, it does the job and my springs arrived from Rally Design-excellent service there. So all in very happy but hoped my rear panel and arches would have arrived from Luego but you can't have it all I suppose. Well today the bodywork arrived-hurray, after 3-4 weeks (was quoted 10 days ). Unwrapped it all and noticed that one of the rear arches has a crack on the leading edge and the gel has crazed off it, bah rubbish I thought. Unwrapped the rear panel and there's a big crack on the top edge and crazing all over the left side. I've rang Ben and left a message on his answer phone to let him know straight away and will speak to him in person later so I can't really comment as yet but the packaging was rubbish. A cardboard tube taped across the panel which allowed the back to flex and the two archs sat inside and whole wraped in 1 layer bubble wrap and one sheet of plastic. Why not use a box like Grant used to do and the whole thing is laid up a bit thin. The best bodywork I've personally seen is GTS. Very thick, shame about his customer service and the fact he wanted an extra £50 to use one of his none standard colours. And to top everything I've just bought my 4th battery charger (Oxford Optimiser) to be told by it that my new battery is knackered. So ups and downs there really, but the real question must be "how do couriers always know when you're in the shower or on the toilet?" They've had two direct hits in two days, I think they wait and watch

[Edited on 23/11/07 by mistergrumpy]

[Edited on 23/11/07 by mistergrumpy]

02GF74

posted on 23/11/07 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
bad luck there, but look on the bright side, at least your not maclaren .... oh, hang, on, £ 2 mill pay off for being a total failure isn't that bad.

and host do couriers and post men know to ben things, like number plates, that are not meant to be bent. (maybe the clue is the DO NOT BEND label on the package )

David Jenkins

posted on 23/11/07 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
That's like a story I once read (probably fiction).

Someone had sent an envelope with "PHOTOGRAPHS - DO NOT BEND". The postman had written "Oh yes they do!" on it...

DarrenW

posted on 23/11/07 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
I remember some time ago a guy on the radio wondering why you can send a Cream Cake in the ost and it will arrive in perfect condition but try sending a girder and its sure to get bent

mistergrumpy

posted on 23/11/07 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm. There was no 'Do Not Bend' or 'Fragile' sticker on it and I would have expected to find little yellow and black crumbs in the packaging but I didn't.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.