Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Handling
Aico

posted on 6/12/07 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Handling

I'm still searching for a kitcar. Looking at my budget to buy a used one (0-7k) I'm mainly looking at the Indy, Fury and Striker. Is the Indy's handling bad compared to the other cars?
flak monkey

posted on 6/12/07 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
They are all like road legal go carts

The average person would struggle to tell the difference.

A well set up indy will be better than a badly set up fury or striker. The Indy does have a bit of a reputation for poor suspension geometry, which isnt unfounded, but like I say most people wouldnt notice....

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Jubal

posted on 6/12/07 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Judge for yourself, flat out following westfields in my Indy. I was down on power but not on handling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lSgJU7GE5c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqNPOvFI-D8

progers

posted on 6/12/07 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
The fury and striker have a well deserved reputation for good handling if set-up properly. As they are both relatively cheap secondhand I would choose them over an Indy.

I'm not biased against an Indy, I have myself built one in the past and they can be made to handle quite tidily.

I now own a Phoenix and have driven Furys too. They are a better machine.

However, choose whatever floats your boat, if its mainly a road car then lits really a personal choice where looks can be just as important as absolute handling ability.

- Paul

Aico

posted on 6/12/07 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
It's mainly for trackuse so handling is very important. Is the only thing on setting the car up good the dampers/springs and alignment? Or do more parts come into play?
graememk

posted on 6/12/07 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Question....

why would you want a indy wouldnt the new mk car be better ?

Aico

posted on 6/12/07 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Sell me one with a V5C for 7k and I will buy it from you
iank

posted on 6/12/07 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
Question....

why would you want a indy wouldnt the new mk car be better ?

Doubt there's many of those being sold used yet. I'd personally go for the striker but that's just me.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

BenB

posted on 6/12/07 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
One thing to be aware of is that Strikers make Austin Minis look like Limos- they're bloody tiny!!! I couldn't even get into the passenger seat, let alone get my knees under the steering wheel or have any chance of pressing the pedals (or rather not!!!).....
chriscook

posted on 6/12/07 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
One thing to be aware of is that Strikers make Austin Minis look like Limos- they're bloody tiny!!! I couldn't even get into the passenger seat, let alone get my knees under the steering wheel or have any chance of pressing the pedals (or rather not!!!).....

The passenger footwells are quite a lot shorter than the drivers side ones though. But they are still quite small.

twybrow

posted on 7/12/07 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
I found the cockpit very spacious. In fact, it was the most spacious I tried out (and I am 6' 6"! There was a striker for sale on here the other day wasn't there?

procomp

posted on 7/12/07 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
Hi i would suggest taking a look at any 750mc results sheet for the KITS or RGB championships.

RESULTS LINK. Then click racing and then results and times.

It will give you an idea of what are popular choices for track orientated use.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jubal

posted on 7/12/07 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
Going by the RGB results, if I was a tiddler I'd have a Fury. Seems an excellent all round package if it fits. Furys are usually cheap as chips too. I saw a blade one at Oulton recently that was going really well and the price the guy paid was astonishing.
Aico

posted on 7/12/07 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
I already know 750club. I only see STrikers and Furies. No MK's. Is it because they are simply slower or does it have another reason? Howmuch do they weight with a bike engine? Is the MK heavier? Or is the Fury heavier looking at the body?
progers

posted on 7/12/07 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Indy's just don't have the mechanical grip on a par with the more developed brands. I'm sure their new chassis will address this issue though. Its nothing to do with weight, if anything the Phoenix/Fury will struggle more because of the weight of the fiberglass.

- Paul

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.