Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: new tin tops
jobsagooden

posted on 10/12/07 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
new tin tops

Hi all

Just looking for a bit of advice on new cars for my company.

Thinking of getting a Nissan Navara pickup for the company for deliveries collections etc and purchasing it on a lease agreement over three years...

Also thinking of getting myself a Volvo V50 2.0 diesel on a personal contract hire basis over two years. Doing the contract hire as it includes maintenance and I do 40k a year so thought it would work out better than purchasing something out of warranty second hand due to possible reliability issues.

Just wanted to know whether people thought this was the right way of going about it for these two vehicles or if there is a more sensible (tax efficient) way.

All comments appreciated

Cheers
PJ

hillbillyracer

posted on 11/12/07 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
The Nissan pickups had a problem with engines throwing conrods & the like a couple of years back, mabye it's sorted now but it was a big problem.
Rust was a problem as they got older too but that wouldnt matter so much if you're not gonna keep it for years.
Non of the Jap pickups are as reliable as you might expect, all of them seem to have troubles somewhere except mabye Toyota but they dont look so good spec/value wise.

MK Charlie

posted on 11/12/07 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
I work for a fleet management company, and we haven't seen any more problems with jap pick ups than any other makes. You will not see a problem with the Volvo. We have seen no evidence of the Navara's having problems, but the majority of our fleet is non LCV. (our fleet is well over half a million) We have just recently done a seminar for the lease companies that we manage, and all reported french cars to be the worst for maintenance costs. If you decide on something I let me know and I will tell you the breakdown rate we have for them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.