Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Accelerator pedal travel
David Jenkins

posted on 25/2/08 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Accelerator pedal travel

Time to get your rulers out! (ooer!)

I'm wondering what sort of accelerator pedal travel people have got. Having just fitted the linkage to my bike carbs, the pedal 'stroke' seems a bit short - but in reality I think it's just the same as it was before, but it feels different.

It wouldn't be too hard for me to change the pedal ratio, but it would be useful to know what's 'normal'.

cheers,
David

RazMan

posted on 25/2/08 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Normal is whatever feels right to you A bit like steering racks really....

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mix

posted on 25/2/08 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Rulers!!......get with it,
My, as yet unproven, CAD pedal box is based around an actual movement at the throttle bodies of 22mm which manifests as a pedal movement of 105.5mm.
I'll watch this thread with interest as I've already made the pedal box to these dimensions.

Regards Mick

Paul TigerB6

posted on 25/2/08 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Do admin not like you Mr Mix?? Some people get senior builder, N00bie or contributor, but you get T****r just below your name on the left there!!!
Confused but excited.

posted on 25/2/08 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Never noticed that before.
ROFPMSL

edit; Sorry.

[Edited on 25/2/08 by Confused but excited.]

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

snapper

posted on 25/2/08 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Same problem on mine, the solution is either to move the cable attachment point closer to the pivot or move the pivot closer to the attachment point.

Move movement at the pedal for less at the cable equals a longer trottle pedal feel

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

Peteff

posted on 25/2/08 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Individualism.

It beats contributor doesn't it?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

David Jenkins

posted on 25/2/08 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
Same problem on mine, the solution is either to move the cable attachment point closer to the pivot or move the pivot closer to the attachment point.

Move movement at the pedal for less at the cable equals a longer trottle pedal feel

I know that!

At the moment it just feels... different. The feel of the long cable between carbs and pedal is odd. I think I'll have to see what it's like on the road before I start hacking the pedal around.

RazMan

posted on 25/2/08 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
David, you could try putting a spring on the carb end to get a better feel - not on the pedal though or you could pull the nipple out and jam the throttle open

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 26/2/08 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
So far I've got the carb's original return spring, and another where the bike's return cable would have gone, and I'm thinking about one on the pedal to help everything snap back.

Spring heaven!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.