Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: what a start to the day!:(
Miks15

posted on 8/4/08 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
what a start to the day!:(

got up this morning nice and late and planned to spend the rest of the day getting my engine mounts sorted so it sits firm and i can lose the jacks. Just got my engine rubbers in yesterday and picking sum metal up later so was going to make some cardboard templates first to make sure it works. First quickly had to weld in a chassis rail to support the mounts. Simple job, cut a bit of metal weld it in. Cut the metal up sits perfectly in the hole, grabbed the welder pulled it over to the car then CRASH!
Welder cable got caught on a shelf as i was pulling it over and now theres a big mess all over the floor
so i will probably be spending at least th next hour just figuring out where evrything goes again then have to put it back on the shelf so wont have as much time as i first hoped on the car
Bummer

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/4/08 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote

pity you never taped it, you'd have got £250

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 8/4/08 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
^ £250, and then you could have built another car!

I say, pick up the stuff off the floor, do the engine mounts, and worry about the shelf and sorting all the stuff that was on it later

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

indykid

posted on 8/4/08 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
i'd say get back in the garage! being inside telling us about it won't get anything done!

commiserations. i know the feeling
tom

iank

posted on 8/4/08 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
On the bright side it sounds like the shelf and contents didn't land on the car

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Miks15

posted on 8/4/08 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
ye well i would get on with stuff but unfortunatly my dad wont let me until its cleared up! plus hes the one picking up the metal for me later to finish the engine mounts so i kinda need him in a good mood if i want to get them done today! luckily i have nothing planned whatsoever today so i can go right in to the night to get them finished!

i would stay out but its nice to get things off ur chest

carpmart

posted on 8/4/08 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
As above - get your arse back in the garage and stop telling us about what happened!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

dhutch

posted on 8/4/08 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Its a pisser isnt it, nothing worse than droping a tray of nuts and bolts, or an open socketset.

That said, i shunted a wall with my car this morning getting it out of the drive. So your not the only one.

Fortunatly no damage other than cosmetic paint loss on bumper, but there we go. Always wait the extra minute for your screen to clear before trying to get out of what is an arse of a space anyway.

Daniel

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 8/4/08 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
If it makes you feel any better everything fell off the shelf in my garage as well!!!
The shelf is just behind the chassis and the welder is underneath it
Still gutted

minitici

posted on 8/4/08 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
I too seem to be suffering from a lack of spatial awareness
- Yesterday, was moving a BMW Mini exhaust and took out a flourescent tube. Think I have most of the glass out of the garage (and hair)

Miks15

posted on 8/4/08 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
ye i saw your post tgr and ever so sorry for you! i know the feeling and i know you must be feeling it 10 times worse! sorry mate
02GF74

posted on 8/4/08 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
i have a tray with m2, m2.5, m3, m4 and m5 nuts and bolts and just know one they I am gonna tip that over .... not happened yet but i cannot keep defying sod's law for ever.

Miks15

posted on 8/4/08 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
haha ye i know the feeling this shelf had a couple of tubs of screws etc on whcih ended up everywhere!
But now ive finally cleared the mess i realised i got lucky as half of the shelf was paint! So thankfully they all decided to keep there lids on! just mocked up the engine mounts in cardboard and off to get the metal in about an hour or so so looking good to have it done by tonight!
will post some pics of the mounts and engine sitting on them later!

worX

posted on 8/4/08 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
I have almost the same scenario and everytime I walk past I can hear everyone of the little feckers calling for me to tip 'em over...

Steve
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
i have a tray with m2, m2.5, m3, m4 and m5 nuts and bolts and just know one they I am gonna tip that over .... not happened yet but i cannot keep defying sod's law for ever.

zilspeed

posted on 8/4/08 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by minitici
I too seem to be suffering from a lack of spatial awareness
- Yesterday, was moving a BMW Mini exhaust and took out a flourescent tube. Think I have most of the glass out of the garage (and hair)

Hair ?

What's that ?

DIY Si

posted on 8/4/08 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
That thing young people still have on their heads!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.