Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Skoda Octavia Bonnet Release Lever
RichardK

posted on 3/5/08 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
Skoda Octavia Bonnet Release Lever

Fitting a towbar and have got the bar on and the wiring up to the drivers tread plate and have come to an abrupt stop!

Does anybody know how to get this little sod off (Bonnet Release Lever), looks like it just prises off as I can't see any sort of fixing, thought I'd ask here as I don't want to break it.

BTW If any one is considering adding a towbar to this motor with the proper wireing pack just pay the pro's to do it, they quoted me £550 for the full lot parts cost me £220 trade so the labour is the £330, believe me they earn every single penny!

Cheers

R

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichardK

posted on 3/5/08 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, have given up I know when I'm beaten... Have rung these people who are based in whitby LINKY for a quote to do the final bit of wiring. But if anybody knows somebody who is good at fitting towbar elecy stuff on Skoda (VAG) then there is some beer vouchers waiting. Wonder if Owelly has a contact there for some private work

Got to get it sorted soon, we have a camping site booked for the middle of May

Got to give the misses the bad news, wish me luck

Rich

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zzr1100rick2

posted on 3/5/08 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
what is it that you are trying to get through the bonnet release area
RichardK

posted on 3/5/08 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
The towbar loom upto the canbus system Have managed to get the wires past the lever and in the area they need to be but tbh the complexity of the network control area that they call it seems very complicated and out of my league, removing pins from sockets etc.

Rich

AR-CoolC

posted on 3/5/08 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
On the back of the lever is a release tab. It's a bit tricky to get to because of the way it sits in the plastic surround.

With a flat screwdriver slide the tab out (towards the front of the car) and then pop the lever off.

Imagine what it would be like if there were no hypothetical situations.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.