Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Magazines
dhutch

posted on 4/5/08 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Magazines

Couldnt help noticing complete kitcar part in Stoneleigh.

I didnt sign up for it, even with the 35% discount.
- However i did have a rummage through some copys, and wondered what peoples thoughts on it, or any other kitcar mags, is?
- Im very much set on having a seven, rather than any other kitcar, and while i dont mind reading/knowing at a bit about there others. I would far rather read a artical about locosts/robinhoods/mk's/tigers than the latest change to the ultima, or how to solve issues on your new z-car.

Thoughts welcome!

And if complete kitcar is the ebest, whos at stoneleigh tomorrow wanting to fill in a form for me.

Daniel

roadrunner

posted on 4/5/08 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
I've read all three at some point, but at the moment Complete Kitcar is better, sinse the take over it has moved on leaps and bounds, IMHO.

vindicator

posted on 4/5/08 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
I started off with kit car and then this year moved over to complete kit car. Better articules and live build reports.
The new competition in the mag between the two reporters should be a great laugh.....

D Beddows

posted on 4/5/08 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
I tend to find it best to thumb through all three in WH Smiths to check if there's actualy anything in them worth buying them for. They go in cycles tbh 'Kit Car' at the moment is absolutely awful 'Complete Kit Car' ok and 'Total Kit Car' very superficial and very expensive - in 3 months time it could all have swapped round again but I certainly wouldn't sign up for a subscription to any of them
Humbug

posted on 4/5/08 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
I used to get Which Kit? which then changed to Complete Kit Car and is now much better. I have looked at Kit Car a few times - it seems to have lots of ads. I have got Total Kit Car magazine once - nice looking, but I prefer to get the headlines from the Totyal kit car web site then chase up anything of interest individually
RazMan

posted on 5/5/08 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
I really like CKC and the new makeover makes it much better than the competition IMO. They like to concentrate on the individual's approach to building a car which stands out from the crowd, making it much more interesting than 'just another kit car'

...... but then I'm biased

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 6/5/08 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Or try PPC magazine .... great technical articles and much better IMO than the kit car mags....

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

rusty nuts

posted on 6/5/08 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
Got fed up with all the bitching , now read PPC. Dave Walker articles always good.
D Beddows

posted on 7/5/08 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Tell you what though I bet PPC would sell a lot more copies if it didn't come packaged in a plastic bag which stops you thumbing though it in WHSmiths.....I'm not spending the best part of a fiver on the strength of a couple of phrases like 'Make Your MX5 A Mans Car' splashed over the cover especially after having read some of their 'in depth' articles in the past. 'Why not just open the plastic bag and have a look?' I hear you cry ......well you obviously haven't been to my local WHSmiths
Schrodinger

posted on 7/5/08 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
Tell you what though I bet PPC would sell a lot more copies if it didn't come packaged in a plastic bag which stops you thumbing though it in WHSmiths.....I'm not spending the best part of a fiver on the strength of a couple of phrases like 'Make Your MX5 A Mans Car' splashed over the cover especially after having read some of their 'in depth' articles in the past. 'Why not just open the plastic bag and have a look?' I hear you cry ......well you obviously haven't been to my local WHSmiths

PPC only has the bag when it comes with a "freeby" on tyres this month IIRC. I usually buy CKC and PPC I got so fed up with KC gripeing and all of the ads that ran for months with the same cars.

Keith
Aviemore

dhutch

posted on 7/5/08 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, i guess ppc is a good rag usally.
- Point taken about not subscribing, i just dont often get out to a shop that stocks kitcar goodlyness!

Daniel

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.