Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Had a totally rubbish day...
David Jenkins

posted on 5/5/08 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Had a totally rubbish day...

Woke up bright and early with the intention of changing my existing fuel pump and regulator to a bike pump and filter. Got a really good start, then things started to go wrong...

1. Removed the old pump and regulator - no problem.
2. Wired up and fitted the bike pump. Gave it 1 second of power while dry and got a reassuring rattle, so decided to proceed.
3. Connected up all the hoses, and put a huge in-line fuel filter on the feed to the carbs.
4. Took all the hose clamps off, and tried the pump - putter-putter-putter.....put.....put.....nothing. Didn't even fill the fuel filter. Looks like it wants to cut off WAY too early.
5. Decided to re-fit the old pump and regulator. Now the car won't start. Faffed around for an hour or so, then decided to see if I had a spark - no spark. Fiddled around for a while, eventually removed and replaced the Megajolt plug and it started again.
6. Got fed up and too hot, so decided to prepare for doug/garage19's visit later in the day by removing the plug from the lambda sensor boss - wouldn't come out. Swore, heaved and pulled, no joy. Eventually resorted to brute force by hitting the socket bar with a mallet. Hit my thumb.
7. When the plug eventually came out, I could see that its thread was wrecked. Fortunately the boss didn't look too bad, but I couldn't get a tap to locate properly. Decided that I was far too hot and bothered, and went for a coffee. Cancelled the booking with Doug as there was a fair chance the thread on his sensor would have been trashed.
8. Eventually got a tap to locate properly in the sensor boss, so managed to clean up the thread.
9. Went off to overhaul the filter for my garden pond. Found that the UV lamp had blown (not too much of a surprise) so went out to get a replacement. Trapped my finger when slamming my car door.
10. After replacing the tube and putting it all back together, decided that The Force wasn't with me today so decided to hide in a corner with a good book and a beer (or three). Decided that I wasn't coming out again until Fate was in a better mood.

Sigh.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 5/5/08 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
I too have had a bad day so can really sympathise. Woke up feeling pretty rough today after a long day yesterday (at Stoneleigh) and so stopped in trying to sort my laptop rather than go mountain biking / work on the Supercat. As you can see from my new thread the computer seems well and truly fcuked (to use the proper term)!!

At a time like this i wish to suggest the all singing all dancing method to make the world seem a better place............... alcohol!! If it doesnt work then try stronger alcohol.

David Jenkins

posted on 5/5/08 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
I stuck at it longer than I normally would as I had an appointment to get it tuned. Without that I would have walked away much earlier - which would have been the sensible option.

[Edited on 5/5/08 by David Jenkins]

David Jenkins

posted on 6/5/08 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe that was the answer...

Woke up this morning with flu-like symptoms and have been feeling totally zonked out all day - I think that this bug may have been the reason for me not concentrating too well the day before...

...sniff..

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.