Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Worx full engine install service - feedback
Dangle_kt

posted on 24/7/08 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Worx full engine install service - feedback

Hi,

Collected my locost blade from steve on the weekend and wanted to provide some feedback on the service.

Now I know things like this can get a bit click-ie, and we all have our favourites so I'll just provide fair feedback, including the good and the bad and people can make there own mind up.

Quality of the work competed was very high, with good attention to detail, Steve didn;t mind my ignorance and explained things clearly for me to understand.

As with all things locost there were a number of unforseen issues - like the chassis diagonal being right in the way of the exhaust headers and needed cutting out and re-welding etc. but steve took it all in his stride and did not use it as an opportunity to inflate the price of the job out of proportion, even though he could have as I was in a no win situation.

The original completetion date wasn't met, but this was more down to me adding tons of jobs last minute than Steve slacking at all, and considering he works full time I think the extra work was completed in a timely manner.

Now, they say the proof of the pudding is in the eating, so I arrived at Steve's on the weekend with one thing on my mind - the first start.

To put it bluntly, it didn't go well - and for a few minutes I was getting concerned over having to have the "awkward" conversation about what I was expecting.

Between the two of us we managed to discount a number of problems and finnally pinned down the fault to the fuel pump not working. It was a second hand part (bought off another forum member!) and so I was stuffed - no engine start for me, nothing to do with steves work - but worst of all I would have to take an untested product home on good faith. NOT WHAT I WANTED

Steve asks me to wait for a minute and disappears into his shed and emerges with an r1 fuel pump, within 5 mins it's installed and we are ready to try the first start up.

I press the nicely wired in (clever little quick release subloom) savage start button after the r1 pump primes fautlessly and nervously listen to the engine turning over...........

SHE FIRES!

It clears its throat and settles into a nice steady idle.

Suffice to say I'm extactic!!

I rev the engine and the noise is rich and deep, far better than I imagined.

After switching the engine off and dancing round his yard for a few minutes I shake steve hand for a job well done!

I would love to post a video, but we missed the opportunity.

I want to provide balanced feedback so the only negitive thing is that the exhaust fixing bolts were too long, causing the car to ground out on the trailer when trying to take it off, this bent the steel floor sheet a bit and required undoing the lot to get the car off the trailer and in my garage. All things considered this was a small thing that I should have spotted before trying to back the car off the very short trailer ramps and nothing a few mins with a hacksaw and my tap and die set won't fix.

Anyway, I'll let people make there own mind up about the service, but personally I'm am very pleased.

Thanks Steve!

McLannahan

posted on 24/7/08 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Saw your car a few weeks back Dangle at Worx's. Looked really well and happy to hear you're pleased with it!

When are you planning to be on the road?

Dangle_kt

posted on 24/7/08 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Need to buy and fit the prop, and do all the job's I couldn't for shames sake get someone to do on my behalf...

Bodywork
Rear alu panel
Trim
Dash
Seats and harnesses

I've even got some nice 13 inch wheels with slicks to fit....

Being realistic I think it will be next year before its done, I'm skint with a holiday to pay for

oldtimer

posted on 25/7/08 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
I would say that was a very well balanced piece. And quite tactful. I don't know why you describe yourself as 'extactic'!! I think you still are!
TimC

posted on 25/7/08 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
Funnily enough my exhaust bobbin grounds out too! It must be his signature!

I'm only joking - I bought the part!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.