Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: possible move to the big city!
omega0684

posted on 29/7/08 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
possible move to the big city!

i am waiting for a possible job offer to come through at the moment and it may mean that i have to move to London, Enfield/Finchley area. do any of you know of anyone who may have a flat going cheap or needs a tidy lodger? i've been looking on estate agency websites but it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXPENSIVE! i never thought that it would be as much as what they are saying! anything from £800-£2000 a month. i only need a room to sleep in. and washing facilities and thats about it!

[Edited on 29/7/08 by omega0684]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Benzine

posted on 29/7/08 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Go to London, I guarantee you'll either be mugged or not appreciated. Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega0684

posted on 29/7/08 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
story of my life mate! you've had a bad experience?
Bluemoon

posted on 29/7/08 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hope they pay you well, not kiding it's going to be expensive

Dan

Ben_Copeland

posted on 29/7/08 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget the cost food, bills and parking! don't get me started on the congestion charge

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

afj

posted on 29/7/08 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
or needs a tidy lodger?
im not sure how but i read this as tiny todger

coozer

posted on 29/7/08 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
used to live there meself, it would have been great if evryone remebered t ogo t obed at night!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

brynhamlet

posted on 29/7/08 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
Can you not stay in Coventry and commute. I used to commute to Hammersmith & Tower Bridge on two different jobs from Newark. Made for long days, but perfectly acheivable. Either that or stay in a cheap B&B during the week and travel down Monday and return Friday. Most companies down that way are flexible on Monday starts and Friday finishs
omega0684

posted on 29/7/08 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
job starts times vary from day to day and busiest days will be saturday so the go down monday and come back friday are out the window! i have just found some flays at 100-200 a week, 1 bed flat with living room and bathroom, areas look ok, but they always put up the best pictures dont they!
BenB

posted on 29/7/08 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
Finchley / Enfield way shouldn't be that expensive to rent in (especially North Finchley / Whetstone way). Few nice roads round Enfield neck of the woods too
graememk

posted on 29/7/08 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
i have a flat in chipperfield with a spare room i could ask louisa if she wants a lodger to split the rent with.

omega0684

posted on 29/7/08 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
graeme how much is the rent?
Andybarbet

posted on 29/7/08 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Im from cheshunt, about 4 miles north of enfield, shouldn't be that expensive and the horror stories are rediculous, i will ask around if i know someone that wants a lodger..

I only moved away a year ago to be closer to my work.

ChrisW

posted on 29/7/08 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
My Mrs is just moving out of a place in Stoke Newington. Not the nicest flat in the world, but cheap, and in a popular area.

If you're interested in the area, I'll happily put you in touch with her soon-to-be ex-housemate.

EDIT: Rent is £595/month, including gas, electric and water bills. It's a reasonable size double room, with shared bathroom, kitchen and lounge. One other guy lives there - about 35-ish I'd say.

Chris

[Edited on 7/29/2008 by ChrisW]

graememk

posted on 30/7/08 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
i charge lou £600 per month so if you went 50/50, i've emailed her for you but looking at it, you might be a bit to far out of town.

[Edited on 30/7/08 by graememk]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.