Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Haynes Roadster in 6 weeks. Yea right!
dogwood

posted on 28/10/08 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
Haynes Roadster in 6 weeks. Yea right!

Hi Guys

I know how you lot love pics, so here is a pic of my Haynes Roadster, Taken yesterday evening.
My challenge is to get it finished in 6 weeks

I am bringing it back to the UK at the beginning of December, ready for the SVA.
I haven't got any workshop there, so everything needs to be done and dusted before I leave.
So any of you want to take bets I'll do it?
No I ain't taking odds, because I'm not convinced myself.

Worried David

I think my first job this morning is to tidy up, wot a shi toll.

speedyxjs

posted on 28/10/08 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
I wish i had your attitude. Im assuming you have time off work or dont work, other wise id bet ALOT of money you dont get it finished...sorry

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

smart51

posted on 28/10/08 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
My MNR took 3 1/2 months of evenings and weekends to build. That was doing some work on all but 2 days, though some evenings only got 1/2 an hour or an hour. In that time I spent a lot of time enlarging bodywork holes little by little, with hand tools, so that the holes would be just big enough and no more.

Compress that into 6 weeks and I'd have to spend 50 hours a week on it, perhaps 40 hours a week if I'd used a dremmel on the GRP rather than a file.

designer

posted on 28/10/08 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Certainly possible.

Not for me; too many 'little' jobs to do on the house.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Surrey Dave

posted on 28/10/08 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Could do!

Looks fairly well advanced so it might be possible, it's the never ending list of little jobs at the end that wear you out!!, Good luck..
3GEComponents

posted on 28/10/08 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Good luck, keep focussed!

Regards

John

blakep82

posted on 28/10/08 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
under a similar deadline myself (march) and a little further on in the build, but i'm doubtful myself, since i don't have the time etc. I mean, i'm off work today, why aren't i out there doing some now?!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

RK

posted on 28/10/08 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
The problem is allowing for those times you have to look at it and think. This takes more time than you may think. Get some help in and be done with it.

Many would look at my own build and say it's a weekend's work, but as an example, I can't mount the rear arches on my own, so that therefore has to wait for help to arrive. I have to ponder for ages what to do with the wiring, how to mount the rear lights, have to make a bulkhead and dash, for the scuttle, need help on the windshield positioning, installing wipers, etc etc

[Edited on 28/10/08 by RK]

MikeR

posted on 29/10/08 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
i've realised i do everything twice - first time i do it, then the second time i do it right.

This is on a proper home brew locost. If i'd bought a kit i'd have finished years go.

RK

posted on 29/10/08 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, I'm always envious of the real "kit" people. It's the only way to go having done a half kit, half locost.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.