Board logo

RAF Valley Charity Airfield Trackday 2007.
MOz - 3/7/07 at 03:17 PM

OK, after a few ifs and buts and fall-outs its on, for deffo.

Its a full weekend this year with bikes on Sat 01 Sep 07 and cars on Sun 02 Sep 07.

Basic jist is turn the airfield into a one way, fully marshalled circuit (hence the trackday theme!!)

Charge peeps £50 to ride / drive the full day (if they book before 18 Aug 07, or £75 thereafter).

Every penny goes to charity (N Wales Air Ambulance and Riders For Health).

Deffo worth an attempt at a weekend social. There is a number of good campsites in the local village. The day is open to everyone, you don't have to be in, or know someone on the military. Hence the pre booking thing. There will be no entries accepted on the day (unless you are in the military where clearance will be easier to obtain).

RAF Valley is on Anglesey. Distance should not be a factor in raising money for charity, meeting new friends and having a larf.

Details by u2u. Names of the interested and insane below.

Thank you.

MOz

worX - 3/7/07 at 03:29 PM

If I can get another race bike by then, I will be up for the Saturday for sure!

cheers,
Steve

[Edited on 3/7/07 by worX]

TimC - 3/7/07 at 03:54 PM

Oooo could be a nice deadline for the MNR.

Jubal - 3/7/07 at 04:03 PM

Just checking with the trackday buds. Nice and cheap so may get some good interest. Any information on layout, track length etc would be appreciated.

MOz - 4/7/07 at 09:17 AM

Excellent news, thanks chaps. I will post the name and number of the chap organising the bookings early next week. Just call him up to book your place and he'll tell you where to send the cheques.

The circuit is approx 2.75 miles long (top of my head). I will post a pic of the circuit plan soonest. Being an airfield its obviously quite flat and smooth and we have tried to incorporate a variety of corner profiles into it.

Closest circuit I can compare it with is Snett with a few more corners!!

More soon.

Any more interest??? If you live in the NW area there should be no excuse!!!

MOz

Wadders - 4/7/07 at 09:31 AM

Reckon i'll be up for it, will have to check holiday dates first though.
Al.

Originally posted by MOz
Excellent news, thanks chaps. I will post the name and number of the chap organising the bookings early next week. Just call him up to book your place and he'll tell you where to send the cheques.

The circuit is approx 2.75 miles long (top of my head). I will post a pic of the circuit plan soonest. Being an airfield its obviously quite flat and smooth and we have tried to incorporate a variety of corner profiles into it.

Closest circuit I can compare it with is Snett with a few more corners!!

More soon.

Any more interest??? If you live in the NW area there should be no excuse!!!

MOz

hobbsy - 6/7/07 at 10:33 AM

Very interested as I just got messed about with a WSCC track day at Llandow.

I'll U2U a request for the circuit map now.

Noise limits?