Board logo

Two-year celebration! (Extreme delivery time!)
RSr - 22/4/12 at 07:38 PM

Hi!
I ordered a MK Indy R delux kit 2010-04-22. I paid for the whole delivery 2010-06-? And it arrived sometime 2010-09. First It was delivered to another person living in the south of Sweden (1 340 km away).

When I discovered that they sent the wrong steering rack and that there were some parts missing I spoke whit Barry. No problem just send back the Lhd steering rack so we can change it too a quick rack. I paid for the delivery to MK 50£. After that I haven’t seen my quick rack.

I have phoned and emailed MK several times and it’s always the same. We just sent the parts it should arrive in two weeks.

The first year I spoke whit Barry and after that I got the tip that it was faster to talk with Danny. But it’s the same…

Sometime early 2011 I ordered a set of Team dynamics pro race 1.2 I thought that they could send them in the same delivery as my other stuff. The rims arrived but nothing else.

I can understand that it takes longer time to fix an Lhd steering rack then an Rhd but not this long.

So what to do? Started posting on Facebook at the MK owners club, I didn’t want to start a full internetwar at ones, but give them a last chance too send my stuff.

This is what's missig!
Brake pipe (flex braded hose
Quick rack 2,8 Lhd
Manufacturer's certificate
Aero Screen. (Black)
Dash board. (Black)
Lights (E-market and Lhd)
- Headlamp (Black)
- Rear stop/tail
- Rear indicator
Pedals

Today it's exactly two years since I sent the order to MK Sportscars................................

//Rickard Svedberg (Sweden)

wylliezx9r - 22/4/12 at 08:13 PM

Thats terrible customer service, shame because they are really nice cars.

mad-butcher - 22/4/12 at 08:34 PM

Hopefully it should be resolved very shortly, can't see why you had to pay postage on the rack if they messed up

designer - 22/4/12 at 08:44 PM

What's danny keenan going to say?

He always tells us how good they are; prove it!

austin man - 22/4/12 at 09:14 PM

Are you sure the other person in the south of Sweden didn't forget to forward all the bits?

designer - 22/4/12 at 09:20 PM

quote:

Are you sure the other person in the south of Sweden didn't forget to forward all the bits?

Even if he didn't it's still MK fault!

phelpsa - 22/4/12 at 09:53 PM

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=30&t=1138613&mid=154043&nmt=Mk+indy

Sounds like standards may be slipping from MK.

austin man - 22/4/12 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by designer
quote:

Even if he didn't it's still MK fault!

Not saying its not MKs fault do you know the other person who it went to did you ask them if they forwarded all the parts.

PAUL FISHER - 22/4/12 at 10:32 PM

There's always two sides to the story, unfortunately on the internet forums we only hear from people who have had either really good service, or really bad service from any company, and rarely on the forums get the other side of the story from the company involved, so we never get a balance view.

mangogrooveworkshop - 22/4/12 at 10:45 PM

I know of a MK owner in Sweden who has asked me to drive to MK to get his bits ......

RSr - 23/4/12 at 04:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
There's always two sides to the story, unfortunately on the internet forums we only hear from people who have had either really good service, or really bad service from any company, and rarely on the forums get the other side of the story from the company involved, so we never get a balance view.

Hi Paul ! Of course there are always two sides to this kind of story. Danny Feel free to tell your version here.

Think I've been pretty patient and waited a long time. The steering rack has been gone for 1.5 years and they rest, I have never seen. How long would you wait for a delivery?

This is from a email i resived 2011-10-27:

Hi Richard
I have just ordered your fibreglass now.i will have all the parts ready by next week for you.i will make sure you get everything

Thanks danny

Serious I do not know how I would have done otherwise, I always try to be nice, paid as soon as I received notice that the parts were finished ..
I know it takes about 14 days for delivery to arrive at my address, so I usually wait at least that time before I call and ask where the parts are .. //Rickard

[Edited on 23/4/12 by RSr]

designer - 23/4/12 at 09:13 AM

quote:

unfortunately on the internet forums we only hear from people who have had either really good service, or really bad service from any company

Agree, but that is what forums are for. A good service to customers in the UK does not make a failed service to Sweden justyfiable.

All customers must be of equal importance, and if a company deals internationaly there will obviously be additional problems, but all must be treated the same.

I once made a error when selling internationally, and I lost money (postage, bits lost, duties, etc.) but I had to take the hit (and loss) and got it right the next time.

withersdelivers - 23/4/12 at 01:00 PM

hmmm. Do i rethink my choice of car now? Seen a few complaints about mk's service lately! But the people i have spoken to face to face have said they are great to deal with! Torn now!

withersdelivers - 23/4/12 at 02:04 PM

hmmm. Do i rethink my choice of car now? Seen a few complaints about mk's service lately! But the people i have spoken to face to face have said they are great to deal with! Torn now!

mad-butcher - 23/4/12 at 02:15 PM

withersdelivers I wouldn't change my mind if I was you, ignore the 1 or 2 MK critics (they know who they are). they are excellent value for money. Must admit I'm a bit suprised Danny hasn't responded as he's usualy on the ball

bi22le - 23/4/12 at 04:22 PM

quote:

That is why this forum is so good. You DO get both sides.

Somebody got shot down recently for slaying a supplier that uses this forum. Danny also checks this forum.

I hope it gets sorted soon.

PAUL FISHER - 23/4/12 at 05:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
quote:

That is why this forum is so good. You DO get both sides.

Somebody got shot down recently for slaying a supplier that uses this forum. Danny also checks this forum.

I hope it gets sorted soon.

Do we get both sides? I don't think we do, look at Darren at GTS for example, he no longer posts on here to defend himself, although he does have a few more problems than the average kitcar company, he still has many happy customers. My post was more of a general view of internet forums and companys not just MK, I can't and won't defend bad service if that is found to be the case, but like Ive already said, we do only hear when people have had really good or bad service, the odd customer has a bad experience, posts on a few forums, can make the company appear to be a lot worse than it really is, MK for example have had many thousands of customers over the years, and I know meeting and talking to people at shows and trackdays etc that for 99% of them, there experience has been positive one when dealing with MK Sportscars, the usual comments are along the lines of "what a great bunch of lads" and "can't do enough for you" so something appears to have gone wrong on this occasion, but what ever you do, particularly in kitcar industry, your never going to "please all of the people all of the time"

withersdelivers - 23/4/12 at 06:27 PM

mad butcher and Paul fisher . I think from my recent research that you are both spot on... You Cant please everybody and the praise far outweighs the disappointment! I hope those who have had problems , get them resolved asap but im sticking with my choice...mk all the way!

RSr - 23/4/12 at 07:31 PM

I talked to Danny today and he has promised to sort this out..

The only thing I want is to get the stuff that I have paid and waited a long time for. The problem is that I have a little difficult to go there and talk to them personally, so it must be like this instead.
I do not know if I am a "oddcustomer" Paul? But I can honestly not understand what I'd done wrong. If you want I can post all email, and more. But it is perhaps to be "odd". The question is how long a customer should have to wait? Even if I would be odd, I still paid for a product that has not been delivered.

If I'm not completely misinformed Paul, you have good contact with MK, Please feel free to ask what's the problem.

Anyway, I will continue posting here and on other forums until my delivery comes... //Rickard Svedberg (Sweden)

austin man - 23/4/12 at 07:48 PM

Hopefully all is sorted for you now and you will get to finish and drive your car for the summer

JoelP - 23/4/12 at 07:57 PM

I suspect you just got forgotten. Its compounded with you being abroad, which makes it harder for you to chase them up, but id assume they are busy and forgot about your order. Not good going on for so long, especially if you reminded them a few times, but hopefully it will be sorted soon.

This is a league apart from the snivelling idiot at GTS, who doesnt post anymore basically because there is nothing he can say to save his reputation.

designer - 23/4/12 at 08:20 PM

quote:

I suspect you just got forgotten.

Don't think so!

If a customer keeps tryting to contact, you know; they chose to 'forget'.

RSr - 8/5/12 at 07:36 PM

Still no delivery! I spoke to Danny a few times since I posted last time. Last week, the stuff would have been delivered. But no delivery in sight. Today he said that it had been delivered to another guy in Sweden and it would take another few days .... today it is 746 days since I sent the order to MK...

//Rickard Svedberg

jossey - 8/5/12 at 08:06 PM

I'm sure they will lose business because of this. It's a shame. My friend was looking at MK so i forwarded the link :-)

Shame

Good luck

MEERKAT - 10/5/12 at 05:29 AM

I know I'm just starting out building my Indy but i have researched quiet a few independent car builders, few get it right all the time, many get it wrong often, but I have found MK always easy to approach and happy to help even when I'm not going to spend my hard earned, they seem genuinely keen to get well built MK,s on the road . My advice to any builder is to take the time and visit Danny and the team on a Saturday morning at MK its worth it I promise you.

noc231073 - 10/5/12 at 08:13 AM

We seem to kept going back to the same old story ..
Anyone living outside the Uk or anyone living far enough away from Mk premises are treated like second class customers even tought our money is the same colour.
It must be because we are easy to ignore ie: not bother answering the phone or e mails. It harder to ignore you when you turn up at their door ( which I had to travel from Ireland to get my missing parts after waiting nearly 5 months waiting for them to be delivered .
The majority of the parts supplied with there kit are cheap and very poor quality...
Anyone I know that are building or bought an Mk in the last 2 years and fall into the above category have had the same problems
I tought Danny was changing things around Mk
Maybe not

40inches - 10/5/12 at 08:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MEERKAT
I know I'm just starting out building my Indy but i have researched quiet a few independent car builders, few get it right all the time, many get it wrong often, but I have found MK always easy to approach and happy to help even when I'm not going to spend my hard earned, they seem genuinely keen to get well built MK,s on the road . My advice to any builder is to take the time and visit Danny and the team on a Saturday morning at MK its worth it I promise you.

Can I ask why you chose MK over Mac#1, you could probably walk to Mach#1

fimi7 - 13/5/12 at 11:49 PM

I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but instead of wasting another day waiting I would pickup and source the needed parts myself without waiting. I bought an MK and I can say the kit as a whole is not perfect and even I missed a few things. For the things I never received I eventually gave up asking and just figured a way around it.

To be honest I am happy I did so, I have learnt and enjoyed the build much more than just bolting together someone else's kit.

At the end I have redone the front and rear suspension to match what I originally ordered, completely replaced the steering assembly and many other things.

Long story short, bleep em, get on with the build.

Sad to say but consider it money lost.

RSr - 10/6/12 at 08:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fimi7
I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but instead of wasting another day waiting I would pickup and source the needed parts myself without waiting. I bought an MK and I can say the kit as a whole is not perfect and even I missed a few things. For the things I never received I eventually gave up asking and just figured a way around it.
To be honest I am happy I did so, I have learnt and enjoyed the build much more than just bolting together someone else's kit.
At the end I have redone the front and rear suspension to match what I originally ordered, completely replaced the steering assembly and many other things.
Long story short, bleep em, get on with the build.
Sad to say but consider it money lost.

No Not what i want to hear
I build as much as I can anyway.
Anyway, I will update on all the forums to i get my stuff.

The parts should have been delivered last week. I called on Friday to say that the stuff had not been delivered. Danny promised to call when he talked to the carrier (Give me a half hour.) Called up after an hour when I had not heard anything. Was talking to someone else this time but then I found out that they just ordered a new steering rack for me that was expected to arrive next week to MK. To be modified and sent to me .... it changes fast

RSr - 16/7/12 at 09:35 PM

Another month has passed without delivery. Soon this summer will end.
Without That I could finish building my car ... it really sucks ...

Custardpants - 18/7/12 at 12:02 PM

What amazes me is that even sending a second set of parts out to this guy would save MK a lot of money - via facebook and locostbuilders he's probably put off at least one new-build customer, what's that, about £13k?

snakebelly - 18/7/12 at 01:33 PM

Maybe I'm being unfair but does the lack of any response to this thread from Danny not speak volumes?

Mr Whippy - 18/7/12 at 02:06 PM

ok so the delivery is crap

but none of those outstanding parts are either difficult to obtain elsewhere or particularly expensive, certainly not worth holding up a built for years over trivial parts, just cut your losses and get on with it

designer - 18/7/12 at 02:56 PM

quote:

just cut your losses and get on with it

Who's side are you on?

matt_gsxr - 18/7/12 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RSr

I'm still waiting for it to start. You lucky bugger.

snakebelly - 18/7/12 at 04:42 PM

Presuming parts are available locally why should he be out of pocket? If he has paid for the parts and if the story is as related I think he has every right to expect MK to supply his parts

Mr C - 18/7/12 at 05:01 PM

You do get worn down by it all in the end. ordered my kit in January 2010 eventually got all the bits earlier this year though cancelled part of the order because I was fed up waiting. I've still got parts quality issues where body panels were supplied over trimmed from the factory which I am fed up chasing up, almost feeling embarrassed to have to deal with this. Unfortunately its commonplace in cottage industries, and something which I'll avoid like the plague next time. My budget for my next project is circa £25k and if anyone wants my money then it will be cash on delivery of the full product/order, if the company aren't willing to do this then they can take a hike. I'm not prepared to go through the stress again like yourself.

Companies definitely off my list are SDR, MK and GTS/GT Forte

Davegtst - 18/7/12 at 05:23 PM

Mk really are a truly crap company. I thought I had problems with them but over 2 years for delivery takes the wee big time. I also find it difficult to understand why others building cars let then get away with it and say cut your loses. What the hell is wrong with this industry? Why do they think they can treat their customers in such an appalling manor. I wish I had never had any dealings with mk and I bet the op thinks the same too. Seems strange how Danny pops up when ever they are trying to promote something but is never around to deal with the bad stuff.

designer - 19/7/12 at 10:14 AM

quote:

Mk really are a truly crap company

Have only dealt with them once; that was enough.

Too busy boasting about racing and, probably, spending all their time doing it instead of dealing with customers.

RSr - 19/7/12 at 04:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Custardpants
What amazes me is that even sending a second set of parts out to this guy would save MK a lot of money - via facebook and locostbuilders he's probably put off at least one new-build customer, what's that, about £13k?

I think it's closer to say, two kits and a full cage. As i know of . I have written on some Swedish forums as well.

quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
quote:
Originally posted by RSr

I'm still waiting for it to start. You lucky bugger.

Thats true, It has not been much of a summer and soon the snow is her again..

[Edited on 19/7/12 by RSr]

RK - 19/7/12 at 05:05 PM

This is my image of the kit car game: you want to build something special, think you're saving money, but really end up spending a lot more, and have a terrible feeling about it once you get the reality check. These companies try their best, but it is not enough in the modern world.

I also have a feeling that adding and subtracting is not a strong point of many builders, who actually spend a lot more than they think. This is not to say it isn't all worth it in the end, because life experiences are just that.

Caveat: I have never had problems with any UK suppliers, but thankfully, my own kit supplier is no longer trading.

bobinspain - 20/7/12 at 07:50 PM

I have a good idea who'll post next.
It's all so predictable.

MikeR - 20/7/12 at 08:16 PM

Me ?

loggyboy - 20/7/12 at 09:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bobinspain
It's all so predictable.

Switch predicable with inevitable

bobinspain - 21/7/12 at 08:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by bobinspain
It's all so predictable.

Switch predicable with inevitable

I'll stick with predictable.
The two posters I have in mind may yet resist the temptation, so it's not inevitable.

OX - 29/7/12 at 10:50 PM

WTF! RSr you must have the patience of a saint .Reading this from your first post i was hoping for a good ending but this just takes the p1s5. Next time any one from MK posts anywhere on this forum ,some one should post a link to this thread . I'm just glad i brought mine when Marting ran it . But even then, when i took it to(bla bla can't remember where)to have the corner weights done they pretty much laughed and took the p1s5 and said sorry we'll do the best we can hehehe !

Edited,took out the word 'Jesus' to keep the believers happy

[Edited on 30/7/12 by OX]

Not Anumber - 30/7/12 at 12:11 PM

Its worth people posting on the MK Facebook page. One of the fanboys on there Dale Chadderton starts flaming as soon as anyone stops talking about racing and criticises MK's customer service. Be a real shame if a few more reaslistic comments got posted there

loggyboy - 30/7/12 at 12:26 PM

I think i would now be calling MK on a daily basis until the parts arrive. Make an absolute nusiance of yourself.

RSr - 2/8/12 at 11:33 PM

snakebelly - 3/8/12 at 07:02 AM

Lol that made me smile!

jossey - 3/8/12 at 08:41 AM

good luck with getting it sorted im sure they read this post and feel bad about it. lets see how it turns out.

loggyboy - 3/8/12 at 08:54 AM

Is that a photoshop, if so theres a few typos!
If its a printed Tshirt its too late, but where do you plan on wearing it?

maccmike - 3/8/12 at 11:14 AM

absolutely discusting.
off topic slightly, I was at a kawasaki dealership yesterday, a big big place. I was waiting at the counter for about 3 minutes wjilst 2 employees chin wagged about non company related topics, even looked at me twice and carried on chatting. I wont be buying anything expensive from there now!

RSr - 3/8/12 at 05:04 PM

Well! I know it's a little typo, but I'm not a language teacher. I think everyone understands the message.
The plan was to carry it on Stoneleigh 2012 but I was promised that the parts were sent, so I did not go.
I'll print a new to Stoneleigh 2013 if the parts havent arrived.

MikeR - 7/8/12 at 09:39 PM

As Danny has just posted on a thread about roll cages about selling someone a car or fitting a cage, perhaps a u2u reminding him may be a solution. Perhaps even pointing Danny to this thread so he can resolve the problem and post on here its all fixed now.

Davegtst - 7/8/12 at 10:24 PM

Do you really think MK don't know about this thread or the op's problem? They have chosen to ignore it and hope it will go away. It seems the further away from MK you are the less they care (once they have your money).

jeffw - 8/8/12 at 06:04 AM

I find this type of behaviour from companies shocking. Any reputable, honest company would have sorted this out immediately. A little less racing and a bit more customer focus....

DRC INDY 7 - 12/8/12 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Not Anumber
Its worth people posting on the MK Facebook page. One of the fanboys on there Dale Chadderton starts flaming as soon as anyone stops talking about racing and criticises MK's customer service. Be a real shame if a few more reaslistic comments got posted there

If you are going to talk about me on here at least get my name right idiot

DRC INDY 7 - 12/8/12 at 07:04 PM

I also find threads that bitch and moan about Kitcar companies very boring to say the least at at most counter productive

If you have problems with a manufacturer then take it up with them because as I will always say you will get no where in life by bitching on forums like this

People make there own minds up which Kitcar to buy and frankly the ones who are easily led by the usuall negative comments from idiots that have never had any dealings with the kit maufacturer of choice are not a great loss to them

Yes I do like Mk I have had nothing but good service from them since phoning up and placing my order for the kit at the 2006 Donington kit car show I did not know them prior to my purchase

designer - 12/8/12 at 07:50 PM

quote:

If you have problems with a manufacturer then take it up with them because as I will always say you will get no where in life by bitching on forums like this

If it stops someone getting ripped off, bitching is the worthy thing to do.

Rather selfish with the 'I got my stuff', sod you.

Mr C - 12/8/12 at 07:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DRC INDY 7
I also find threads that bitch and moan about Kitcar companies very boring to say the least at at most counter productive

People make there own minds up which Kitcar to buy and frankly the ones who are easily led by the usuall negative comments from idiots that have never had any dealings with the kit maufacturer of choice are not a great loss to them

Yes I do like Mk I have had nothing but good service from them since phoning up and placing my order for the kit at the 2006 Donington kit car show I did not know them prior to my purchase

If companies provide a poor customer experience then others have a right to know so they an make an informed choice. Forums are the way to communicate this to potential customers in the same way word of mouth used to in the past. don't forget that the company involved has the same ability to post a response as much as those posting their experience.

Whether you like it or not, forums are here to stay along with these types of discussions and debates.

DRC INDY 7 - 12/8/12 at 08:24 PM

That's not the issue the real problem is people that have had no dealings with the company pulling it down Internet trolls

DRC INDY 7 - 12/8/12 at 08:28 PM

quote:
quote:

If it stops someone getting ripped off, bitching is the worthy thing to do.

Rather selfish with the 'I got my stuff', sod you.

No it's not may I ask what dealings ie purchases that you have had with this company

Plus you only want to read part of what I posted I notice you have a 2b in your list of cars now I had a problem with that company and it's current owner but I don't broadcast it on here

designer - 12/8/12 at 08:36 PM

quote:

No it's not may I ask what dealings ie purchases that you have had with this company Plus you only want to read part of what I posted I notice you have a 2b in your list of cars now I had a problem with that company and it's current owner but I don't broadcast it on here

I built an Indy when they first came out but, today the 2B suits my daily needs perfectly.

If you have a problem with the current owners of GBSC then you should 'broadcast' it to stop the same happening to anybody else.

Mr C - 12/8/12 at 09:05 PM

quote:
That's not the issue the real problem is people that have had no dealings with the company pulling it down Internet trolls

Dale, Mr Chadderton, or whatever your name is, if you spent the same effort on your literacy and written communication, that you do on flaming, threatening, bullying and throwing insults, then you might come across a little clearer when you make your point. which by the way, needs to be made more constructively.

Anyone want to win friends and influence them, just follow Dale's example.

I'm out'a here

designer - 12/8/12 at 09:31 PM

Dale, Mr Chadderton, or whatever your name is, with your forum comments, your 'praise' and where you live, you are obviously involved with, or very close to, MK.

Like you asked me, what do you know about any other companies unless you have dealt with them?

Confused but excited. - 12/8/12 at 09:32 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

I notice you have a 2b in your list of cars now I had a problem with that company and it's current owner but I don't broadcast it on here

I think you will find you just did.

JoelP - 12/8/12 at 09:47 PM

I was going to point out that a good number of MKs fans live in south yorkshire. Seems a recurring theme in the industry, that you get great service when you are close enough to drop in and keep reminding them. ISTR GTS had loads of fans in kent.

DRC, i appreciate that no one likes to see their friends taking flak, but do you really think that this is an acceptable performance from MK?

DRC INDY 7 - 12/8/12 at 10:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr C
quote:

Dale, Mr Chadderton, or whatever your name is, if you spent the same effort on your literacy and written communication, that you do on flaming, threatening, bullying and throwing insults, then you might come across a little clearer when you make your point. which by the way, needs to be made more constructively.

Anyone want to win friends and influence them, just follow Dale's example.

I'm out'a here

Is that the best you can do dear boy .......... bEcAuSe I'm LaUghinG At yOu

DRC INDY 7 - 12/8/12 at 10:35 PM

Internet trolls

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."
While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]Internet trolls

raguri - 12/8/12 at 10:40 PM

Okay, i'm new here, so can't pass judgement.
However, from what i've heard, MK are doing exactly what GTS have done in the past, and look where GTS ended up... Darren George is trying to flog the remains of a dead business onto someone else so he can remove all legal responsibility.
How long will it be until MK are doing the same?
I'm not trying to start an argument, as i said, i have had nothing to do with them at all.
But, the way they treat their customers that physically cannot get to there building, from what i've seen, is stupid...
And nobody's trying to be a troll, so shut up?
I'm 16, i can smell a troll from a mile away. If there was a troll, they'd be saying something along the lines of
"OH ma gawd, MK are well out! They should be shot and put in front of their families or sumit!"
OR
"Don't diss MK! They're the best company out there! Better than anything in fact!"
Nobody's saying that, at all.
All companies have their own flaws, even the "big guns".

bobinspain - 12/8/12 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
I was going to point out that a good number of MKs fans live in south yorkshire. Seems a recurring theme in the industry, that you get great service when you are close enough to drop in and keep reminding them. ISTR GTS had loads of fans in kent.

DRC, i appreciate that no one likes to see their friends taking flak, but do you really think that this is an acceptable performance from MK?

Joel.

"Friends taking flak" shouldn't be a consideration. Objectivity should rule in business.

Perhaps Dale would care to intercede on Richard's behalf since he's 'on the doorstep?' However, given the absence of any reply when I asked if (for a monetary consideration) he'd exercise his QC experience in monitoring my factory build, that's probably highly unlikely.

DRC INDY 7 - 13/8/12 at 06:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raguri
Okay, i'm new here, so can't pass judgement.
However, from what i've heard, MK are doing exactly what GTS have done in the past, and look where GTS ended up... Darren George is trying to flog the remains of a dead business onto someone else so he can remove all legal responsibility.
How long will it be until MK are doing the same?
I'm not trying to start an argument, as i said, i have had nothing to do with them at all.
But, the way they treat their customers that physically cannot get to there building, from what i've seen, is stupid...
And nobody's trying to be a troll, so shut up?
I'm 16, i can smell a troll from a mile away. If there was a troll, they'd be saying something along the lines of
"OH ma gawd, MK are well out! They should be shot and put in front of their families or sumit!"
OR
"Don't diss MK! They're the best company out there! Better than anything in fact!"
Nobody's saying that, at all.
All companies have their own flaws, even the "big guns".

It says you are new here so you cannot pass judgement"........ But that's exactly what you are doing here passing judgement based on hearsay

[Edited on 8/13/2012 by DRC INDY 7]

JoelP - 13/8/12 at 07:17 AM

Dale, its you who are coming across badly here.

[Edited on 13/8/12 by JoelP]

40inches - 13/8/12 at 07:47 AM

quote:

Very true! you are doing yourself, and MK, no favours whatsoever DRC

UncleFista - 13/8/12 at 09:36 AM

I'm glad the private U2U messages quoted have been deleted.

U2U messages are private, and in my opinion shouldn't be made public without both the sender and receivers permission.

bobinspain - 13/8/12 at 10:22 AM

Tony, (UncleFista)

I disagree. The originator only should be the sole arbiter as to what he's prerpared to disclose. Disclosure needs no permission from the receiver.

After all, the receiver is never in a position to not receive the message at the outset, (though he may choose not to read it). Additionally, there's nothing to prevent the originator 'going public' with the original message without any input whatsoever from the intended recipient.

DRC INDY 7 - 13/8/12 at 12:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:

Very true! you are doing yourself, and MK, no favours whatsoever DRC

Wow im the one thats doing mk no favours i find that amazing and very hard to beleive

MikeR - 13/8/12 at 12:16 PM

Folks,

Perhaps we all need 24 hours to take a deep breath. Whilst the argument has some interest in a morbid kind of way, its not helping or adding to the original post.

Chill ........ please

RSr - 13/8/12 at 01:01 PM

Now I think it starts to be a bit much off topic. This thread should be about my shipping from MK nothing else. Because I've called and mailed for over two years to get my delivery and still have not received it, I see no alternative but to write in various forums online. I have still been nice and given them many opportunities to send the parts. To ignore the parts that I have not received felt like a bad solution, it is like saying that it's okay to send only 90% of the order, and I think this gives the wrong signal to the company. To go there in person also works poorly as I live in northern Sweden. Far away! However, a kind person offered to talk with them so we'll see if it get solved. // Rickard Svedberg

SeanStone - 13/8/12 at 02:05 PM

Are you not able to pursue this legally?

Anyone with half a brain cell should realise this isn't on, so I can't see why you wouldn't have a case...

Confused but excited. - 13/8/12 at 02:14 PM

quote:
Internet trolls

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."
While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]Internet trolls

What has this got to do with someone not getting what they paid for? I'm not 'Confused' for nothing

Oh I see, you are posting an "extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response"

Hector.Brocklebank - 13/8/12 at 03:13 PM

It looks like those here pushing their point, also feel the need to push their credentials, and have a look at me and look how experienced I am complex..............

There are many many guys here with qualifications higher than those that some feel the need to list, but those with higher qualifications and a better attitude dont feel inferior enough to have to advertise the fact.

Hector.Brocklebank - 13/8/12 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.

What has this got to do with someone not getting what they paid for? I'm not 'Confused' for nothing

Oh I see, you are posting an "extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response"

Dammit where is the "like" button on here when you need it..................

DRC INDY 7 - 14/8/12 at 08:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hector.Brocklebank
It looks like those here pushing their point, also feel the need to push their credentials, and have a look at me and look how experienced I am complex..............

There are many many guys here with qualifications higher than those that some feel the need to list, but those with higher qualifications and a better attitude dont feel inferior enough to have to advertise the fact.

What has credentials got to do with this are you running out of things to say that you feel compelled to comment on peoples credentials when itnot an issue here ?

SeanStone - 14/8/12 at 08:22 AM

I think this bickering is really detrimental to the intention of this thread

The guy deserves his stuff. If you guys want to argue against each other, why don't you to it in a U2U?

Keep us updated RSr

Surely there are people on this forum who are in contact with the guys over at MK that can approach them?

maccmike - 14/8/12 at 12:30 PM

I very much appreciate people writing about their experiences with companies, whether it be good or bad. A general consensus would influence where I spent my money.

[Edited on 14/8/12 by maccmike]

Hector.Brocklebank - 14/8/12 at 02:47 PM

quote:

What has credentials got to do with this are you running out of things to say that you feel compelled to comment on peoples credentials when itnot an issue here ?

it would appear from my observations over time, that some feel the need to advertise their "so called" credentials to make it look like they know what they are talking about and try to get others to listen to them. When in reality, those who know what the **** they are talking about have no need to "try" to advertise the fact.

There is a saying, there are those who can talk a good job and those who can do a good job, and in this instance it is relevant............ as credentials have everything to do with this, as it would quite clearly appear that MK are talking the talk but not walking the walk.

[Edited on 14/8/2012 by Hector.Brocklebank]

P ? - 14/8/12 at 03:21 PM

Loving the keyboard warriors !!!!

When we all going to meet and sort this hehe....

scootz - 14/8/12 at 03:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hector.Brocklebank
... there are those who can talk a good job and those who can do a good job...

You forgot about the useless feckers like me who can't do either of those things!

Hector.Brocklebank - 18/8/12 at 02:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
You forgot about the useless feckers like me who can't do either of those things!

Scootz you are not useless, you provide the users of locostbuilders with valuable service by selling your shi*e on at a reduced coast months later.

scootz - 18/8/12 at 08:40 AM

Good point... well made!

RSr - 1/10/12 at 08:49 PM

Really embarrassing! Still no delivery from MK

Davegtst - 1/10/12 at 08:55 PM

Disgusting service. Have they been in contact at all?

RSr - 1/10/12 at 09:02 PM

We have had telephone contact a few times. The parts are sent, Will check with the shipping company.

But nothing gets delivered ..

Davegtst - 1/10/12 at 09:11 PM

Same ol bs then.

Hellfire - 1/10/12 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RSr
We have had telephone contact a few times. The parts are sent, Will check with the shipping company.

But nothing gets delivered ..

Can you not find out who the shipping company is and contact them directly to confirm they have your goods for transit?

Whilst I know it's not your responsibilty to contact the shipping company, at least you'd find out where the problem lies....

Phil

Coopz - 2/10/12 at 02:54 PM

This is shocking!! RSR you have the patience of a saint. Now I don't know the full story, but if true, it's pathetic! I know Danny is a frequent user on here so is surely aware of your situation? Or is there anyone local too mk on here that could pop in for you and if your parts have been shipped get proof of shipping for you?

I really hope you get this sorted ASAP mate.

Cheers coopz

loggyboy - 2/10/12 at 03:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Can you not find out who the shipping company is and contact them directly to confirm they have your goods for transit?

Whilst I know it's not your responsibilty to contact the shipping company, at least you'd find out where the problem lies....

Phil

I would hope that if they have been sent more than once, that MK would be after chasing the shipping company themselves as its their goods going missing!

Its quite obvious they havent been sent fullstop.

SeanStone - 2/10/12 at 04:50 PM

Why don't you take some leaflets to the next race event where MK will be racing and hand them out. Maybe take a few to kit car conventions where MK are trying to drum up some business. If they ask you to stop, don't stop until your goods are sent!

Hellfire - 2/10/12 at 05:10 PM

If I was the customer waiting for goods, I'd ask MK for the shipping company details so I could contact them myself to confirm they had been sent out. It's not difficult to find out where the source of the problem is.

Loggyboy, it might be obvious to you that they haven't been sent out but it certainly isn't obvious to me. The original shipment appears to have been sent out, as were the wheels that were ordered almost one year later, so why would they not have sent the other parts?

Could it be that the initial order wasn't clear, or the customer hasn't paid for certain items? I don't know the details of the order or what has/hasn't been sent out and what has been paid for etc. and I don't want to know either. I also don't think that MK should respond to this thread publicly. Whilst it's ok for the customer to complain on this forum, I believe MK should conduct their business in private with the customer in an attempt to resolve any outstanding issues.

Phil

Jonte - 2/10/12 at 05:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SeanStone
Why don't you take some leaflets to the next race event where MK will be racing and hand them out. Maybe take a few to kit car conventions where MK are trying to drum up some business. If they ask you to stop, don't stop until your goods are sent!
RSr lives in Sweden so it´s hard to just turn up at any event and talk to them.
And RSr is not alone here in sweden that misses deliveries from MK.

It´s sad to say that MK don´t give a f..k about overseas customer. They clearly don´t want any customers abroad.
And the word on swedish locost forum is not to buy from this company.

adithorp - 2/10/12 at 06:49 PM

Is it possible this stuff is going missing at Swedish customs. It happens here; I ordered some bike wheels last year from HongKong. Sender had information that they'd been delivered. Shipping firm showed them as in transit. Turned out they were at customs, waiting for me to pay import taxes but nobody there thought it worth telling me.

RSr - 2/10/12 at 06:50 PM

quote:
If I was the customer waiting for goods, I'd ask MK for the shipping company details so I could contact them myself to confirm they had been sent out. It's not difficult to find out where the source of the problem is.

Loggyboy, it might be obvious to you that they haven't been sent out but it certainly isn't obvious to me. The original shipment appears to have been sent out, as were the wheels that were ordered almost one year later, so why would they not have sent the other parts?

Could it be that the initial order wasn't clear, or the customer hasn't paid for certain items? I don't know the details of the order or what has/hasn't been sent out and what has been paid for etc. and I don't want to know either. I also don't think that MK should respond to this thread publicly. Whilst it's ok for the customer to complain on this forum, I believe MK should conduct their business in private with the customer in an attempt to resolve any outstanding issues.

Phil

They dont need too answer this .. I'm happy if I get what I paid for.

Believe me, I've tried to talk to them on the phone and via email for two years before I started this thread. But nothing happens. MK has had many chances to avoid this thread.

//Rickard

Davegtst - 2/10/12 at 07:27 PM

Hellfire, it's obvious to me too that they haven't been sent. I had to put up with their ' it's been sent BS' aswell and I live in the uk! I was told the floor they forgot with the main delivery was 'in the post' numerous times but strangely never turned up, I only got it when I went to a show. I also had to drive for a few hours up to mk to pick up other parts that were ' in the post'. If you aren't local THEY DON'T CARE!

JoelP - 2/10/12 at 07:32 PM

quote:

Phil

I cant agree there, the silence speaks volumes. MK should be able to reply to this thread with an explanation at the very least, because their reputation is being destroyed.

I hear swedens customs can legally sieze anything they think is 'not in the public interest' whether legal or not, but i cant see how that would apply to car parts.

snakebelly - 2/10/12 at 08:38 PM

Darren George hasn't bought MK has he?
Puts on tin hat and Kevlar jacket.....
:-)

Mr C - 2/10/12 at 10:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
Darren George hasn't bought MK has he?
Puts on tin hat and Kevlar jacket.....
:-)

Lol, interesting to see GTS under new management now though; interesting pricing strategy, sierra mushrooms £50 a pair, camber adjusters £25 a pair: all plus VAT of course

For comparison Rally Design £20 and £9.60 respectively (bought yesterday.)

Wonder what or who the "new management is"

Apologies for digressing.

loggyboy - 13/10/12 at 07:18 PM

I note the advert for the latest MK website was fairly short lived. Just goes to show the 'no such thing as bad publicity' phrase isnt always true.

ceebmoj - 16/10/12 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
I note the advert for the latest MK website was fairly short lived. Just goes to show the 'no such thing as bad publicity' phrase isnt always true.

was wondering where that thread went

needforspeed - 22/10/12 at 07:56 PM

i bought some arches when they eventually arrived one was cracked and was promised a new one for weeks and weeks gave up hope in the end :-( not the best but 2 years is immense!

Ferrino - 13/11/12 at 12:13 AM

Thanks for posting this thread and sorry for your awful luck. I was seriously considering a MK Indy BEC build here in the US but your experience and the total lack of response from MK is enough to tell me that this would be an absolute nightmare. As a Brit, I'd like to apologise on behalf of these compatriots of mine! It's a real pity because the US market is crying out for an affordable 7-based kit. Good luck completing your project.

franky - 13/11/12 at 07:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RSr
Now I think it starts to be a bit much off topic. This thread should be about my shipping from MK nothing else. Because I've called and mailed for over two years to get my delivery and still have not received it, I see no alternative but to write in various forums online. I have still been nice and given them many opportunities to send the parts. To ignore the parts that I have not received felt like a bad solution, it is like saying that it's okay to send only 90% of the order, and I think this gives the wrong signal to the company. To go there in person also works poorly as I live in northern Sweden. Far away! However, a kind person offered to talk with them so we'll see if it get solved. // Rickard Svedberg

Failing that you can use the UK's small claims court procedure. This generally puts a rocket behind the process as they can be damaging to a company. It doesn't cost much and can be done online.

RSr - 14/11/12 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by franky
quote:
Originally posted by RSr

Failing that you can use the UK's small claims court procedure. This generally puts a rocket behind the process as they can be damaging to a company. It doesn't cost much and can be done online.

Well I also think it's a shame, really like Indy R but I'm not so impressed by the customer care.
We are three here in Sweden who have not received our deliveries.
You have to have a lot of customers in the home market if you can afford to lose a lot of them abroad..

Maybe I'll put up a thread on www.locostusa.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=2 as well.

Not Anumber - 15/11/12 at 06:10 PM

Dale. You have defended MK and there’s certainly nothing wrong with leaping to the defence of people who have given you good service. It's right to speak as you find and to develop views based on your own good or bad experiences.

However you do need to appreciate that some people have clearly had a different experiences of a supplier. These seem to vary from the mildly irritating such as lack of adequate communication right up to the experiences of the OP who has waiting > 2 years for parts he has paid for.

This doesn’t at all detract from the quality of the product nor should the naysayers be permitted to drown out the apparently hundreds of satisfied customers. There just needs to be balance and people need to be free to share their experiences good or bad.

The following questions are not intended to be inflammatory in any sense and just require a Yes or No answer from you.

Do you believe it is acceptable for someone to have to wait > 2 years for parts they have paid for ?

Do you believe it is acceptable for a supplier to provide a significantly less acceptable service to those who live outside the UK when they are less able to visit in person and less familiar with the UK legal system ?

Do you believe it is acceptable for the Supplier to fail to respond to this thread and to offer a solution when the Supplier often posts elsewhere on this Forum ?

Do you believe it is in the interest of the Supplier for one of their stalwart supporters (yourself) to attempt to silence any criticism with aggression ?

noc231073 - 15/11/12 at 06:50 PM

I am another overseas Mk owner who have been treated the same way by Mk and I also know of another Irish owner who was also ripped off by them
I ordered a kit and was left short of a lot of parts including a hayabusa engine .. Phone call after phone call ,, empty promises of shipping .. I eventually booked a ferry and Landed on their doorstep to get my parts at a cost of over £400 to me . A cost I could have spent on the car. Terrible customer services and to be honest the build quality of their cars are pretty poor also

Regards
Another unhappy Mk customer...

Ferrino - 15/11/12 at 06:55 PM

It sounds like MK needs an intervention from BBC's Watchdog.

snakebelly - 15/11/12 at 08:41 PM

Wasn't mk owned by 2 brothers then split off into 2 desperate business's? If so I'm guessing Martin was the one with the business head :-(

Brett Jones - 15/11/12 at 08:54 PM

I've noticed that Danny from MK hasn't bothered to comment once on this thread even though the last time he was online was this morning.

I'm so glad I didn't buy a MK Indy

austin man - 15/11/12 at 09:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
Wasn't mk owned by 2 brothers then split off into 2 desperate business's? If so I'm guessing Martin was the one with the business head :-(

Mk was owned and run by Martin who later sold it on where it became Mk Sportscars. Martin Keenan runs MK engineering now which is a seperate entity and nothing to do with MK Sportscars

Bizarro - 16/11/12 at 01:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by noc231073
I am another overseas Mk owner who have been treated the same way by Mk and I also know of another Irish owner who was also ripped off by them
I ordered a kit and was left short of a lot of parts including a hayabusa engine .. Phone call after phone call ,, empty promises of shipping .. I eventually booked a ferry and Landed on their doorstep to get my parts at a cost of over £400 to me . A cost I could have spent on the car. Terrible customer services and to be honest the build quality of their cars are pretty poor also

Regards
Another unhappy Mk customer...

If its of any consolation, MKs legendary customer service is not solely for overseas customers, they treat there UK customers with the same apathy.
After countless promises that parts have been posted but never arrive, I too have ended up driving to there workshop to collect in person.

INDY BIRD - 16/11/12 at 01:58 PM

Remember forums are for discussions. Not for businesses to discuss there business with there client. That's for them to resolve direct with the customer not just to keep u happy on the forum if it was my business I wouldn't feel the need to discuss this on a oPen forum but with the customer only. We always here about bad things bit when it's a good thing it's not recognised and boy do people love to jump on the band wagon when it's not great service and are all the facts on the table, I would deal direct with them he forum won't solve this problem for you good luck resolving it.

RSr - 16/11/12 at 02:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by INDY BIRD
Remember forums are for discussions. Not for businesses to discuss there business with there client. That's for them to resolve direct with the customer not just to keep u happy on the forum if it was my business I wouldn't feel the need to discuss this on a oPen forum but with the customer only. We always here about bad things bit when it's a good thing it's not recognised and boy do people love to jump on the band wagon when it's not great service and are all the facts on the table, I would deal direct with them he forum won't solve this problem for you good luck resolving it.

What makes you think I have not tried to resolve it with them directly .. Have e-mailed and phoned for over two years now. They've had quite a few chances to resolve this without getting an own thread about their long delivery times

//Rickard Svedberg

kevmcdo - 16/11/12 at 05:41 PM

No matter how often you post on this forum about the poor service you have had from MK I think you must surely realise by now you are flogging a dead horse if you are waiting on a public response from them.
I also can not believe the time and effort you have put in over the past months doing so when surely the sensible thing to do would be to spend the time researching a legal avenue to bring MK to task, No company reputable or not are going to come onto forums and deal with a complaint like this due to the manner that your campaign against them has gone so far.
I do hope you get your parts and get to enjoy your kit but I fear this thread could go on forever with no satisfactory end for you.

Jonte - 16/11/12 at 06:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kevmcdo

I also can not believe the time and effort you have put in over the past months doing so when surely the sensible thing to do would be to spend the time researching a legal avenue to bring MK to task,

Is that possible for a non UK residens to have any chance in a legal procedure?

franky - 16/11/12 at 07:14 PM

anyone in the EU can use the UK small claims procedure. To be honest you should be doing it, it'll get their attention and help sort it out either way.

40inches - 16/11/12 at 07:37 PM

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview

snakebelly - 16/11/12 at 08:11 PM

To be fair though, if MK decide not to reply he would have to attend court with all the costs etc that entails.

40inches - 17/11/12 at 09:56 AM

Worth looking at, if they do not reply? http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/european-union-cross-border-claims