Board logo

Pre SVA Pic's Comments Please!!!
mike smith1 - 1/4/07 at 05:47 PM

Just a few pics of car, just wanted to see if you guys could spot anything major and silly little things we have missed!

Mike

mike smith1 - 1/4/07 at 05:48 PM

Front Near Side

mike smith1 - 1/4/07 at 05:48 PM

Passenger Footwell

mike smith1 - 1/4/07 at 05:49 PM

Rear

mike smith1 - 1/4/07 at 05:50 PM

Is this vertical enough??

mike smith1 - 1/4/07 at 05:50 PM

I need to make this SVA Friendly any ideas??

rusty nuts - 1/4/07 at 05:51 PM

Front braided hoses need covering and suspect that top ball joint nut needs a cover.. Battery cut off could be a problem??

[Edited on 1/4/07 by rusty nuts]

mike smith1 - 1/4/07 at 05:52 PM

Steering Column and Master Cylinder

Tunnel

Under Dash view

fideel109 - 1/4/07 at 05:53 PM

I did my SVA last week, and I did cover up the lock nut of the top ball joint (sharp edges).

tegwin - 1/4/07 at 05:54 PM

Cant help you, but damn that looks the dogs danglies!!!

mike smith1 - 1/4/07 at 05:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Front braided hoses need covering and suspect that top ball joint nut needs a cover.. Battery cut off could be a problem??

[Edited on 1/4/07 by rusty nuts]

Top ball joints will be covered after wheel alignment. Braided hoses with a spiral wrap??

Will think of something to cover battery cut off.

Thanks matey got me some more jobs to do already!! Super fast posting!

Mike

fideel109 - 1/4/07 at 05:55 PM

Are they any reflectors on the back?

mike smith1 - 1/4/07 at 05:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fideel109
Are they any reflectors on the back?

Nope but they are on the shopping list!

Cheers Mike

zetec - 1/4/07 at 05:57 PM

Very nice car. Beware re headlamp bar ends, and is that brake pipe from the master cylinder supported enough?Also are the front indicators out far enough. Hope you fly through! Good luck.

[Edited on 1/4/07 by zetec]

rayward - 1/4/07 at 06:00 PM

as said, ball joint locknuts,

possibly unsecured length of copper brake pipe to master cylinder.

re the cutoff switch, seen a pic somewhere on hear of the key "encased" in a clear resin, kind of like a big marble

hth

Ray

mike smith1 - 1/4/07 at 06:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zetec
Very nice car. Beware re headlamp bar ends, and is that brake pipe from the master cylinder supported enough?Also are the front indicators out far enough. Hope you fly through! Good luck.

[Edited on 1/4/07 by zetec]

Front indicators what is the dimension required as i cant get to my draft manual at min!!

Mike

stevec - 1/4/07 at 06:04 PM

Fog light, Is it off vertical or is it the picture?
You may need to cover top and bottom of the shocks.
Looks really nice though.
Steve.

[Edited on 1/4/07 by stevec]

snoopy - 1/4/07 at 06:06 PM

both shocker spring adjusting nuts the BIG ones the cutoff switch and maybe its just the pic but it appears the aluminium the cutoff switch mounts to protrudes past the lower box section if it does its a fail

stevec - 1/4/07 at 06:10 PM

Quote,
Front indicators what is the dimension required as i cant get to my draft manual at min!!

See link for indicator positions.
Steve.

http://westfield-world.com/svalights_front.html

jacko - 1/4/07 at 06:11 PM

nut on the mirror at the bottom

mike smith1 - 1/4/07 at 06:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snoopy
both shocker spring adjusting nuts the BIG ones the cutoff switch and maybe its just the pic but it appears the aluminium the cutoff switch mounts to protrudes past the lower box section if it does its a fail

Thanks Snoopy, would you like to come up and have a proper look!!

Mike

bob - 1/4/07 at 06:14 PM

I found a large gator chopped up covered the shock adjustment area, and covered the rest as this. Rescued attachment MK Indy build pics 168.jpg
Rescued attachment MK Indy build pics 168.jpg

chockymonster - 1/4/07 at 06:26 PM

Fog light looks off vertical as previously mentioned.

Easy fix is to put some small 4mm black vacuum tubing between the top of the foglight and the surround to pad the top out.
It worked fine for me at SVA and southampton have a rep for being fussy.

chockymonster - 1/4/07 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mike smith1
I need to make this SVA Friendly any ideas??

Cheat.
Stick some black insulating tape around the lip that protrudes over the glass, the tape shoud go back far enough so that the following is possible.
Get some edging trim and cut the bottom off, the bottom should be trimmed so that it touches the glass of the mirror and the top of the trim goes about 5mm over the lip.
Using some strong sticky glue stick the edging to the insulating tape. That way you have a permanently glued edging trim that should withstand a little tug but afterwards you can remove it and the insulating tape will take all of the glue away

(make sense? it does in my head but I may not be describing it well enough, damn that alcohol)

westf27 - 1/4/07 at 06:36 PM

Piece of J rubber trim around frame should pass that.If you insulation tape mirror body first then when you take it off the mirror will be undamaged by adhesive

westf27 - 1/4/07 at 06:37 PM

Are you inside my head chocky

Dave Castle - 1/4/07 at 07:20 PM

indicators 400mm from widest point of car
Dave

Danozeman - 1/4/07 at 08:39 PM

Looks very good indeed.

AS already said. The shock spring seats need covering. IIRC some people use tyres from radio control cars.

ReMan - 1/4/07 at 09:25 PM

Looks very smart.
The bottom of the dash may be a problem, I think a bigger radius is needed.
I would'nt worry about the cut off switch, but he bottom of the ally corner may need a bit of padding to show some effort.
Good luck
Colin

zxrlocost - 1/4/07 at 09:36 PM

looks nice Mike