Board logo

seat headrests
nick-yrk - 18/11/10 at 10:15 PM

Hi everyone ! i ve had some seats for a while but they don t have headrests. i think the iva says that you must have headrests ! does this mean i have to buy new seats or can i buy headrests seperately and if so how would i have to fit them?They aren t fibreglass just sort of plasticy soft spongey very comfy ones . if that makes sense !

goodguydrew - 18/11/10 at 11:01 PM

Could you bolt on a horizontal bar across the roll bar which had two headrest attached?
I was planning to do this.
Has anyone else done it?

nick-yrk - 18/11/10 at 11:18 PM

I did think about maybe fixing them to the horizontal bar which goes across the roll bar which is where the harness mounts are . But the problem with that is the drivers seat will have to be mounted on runners and will not be far enough back for a headrest to line up with the seat .if the drivers seat is far back i can t reach the pedals! so this means of fitting headrests would work for me for the passenger but not for me driving.

Canada EH! - 19/11/10 at 02:27 PM

Weld a pipe to the crossbar extending the locating position of the headrest forward to meet your needs.

davrus - 19/11/10 at 06:04 PM

Im sure i have read in the i,v,a manual some where that they must be fixed to the seat but not a 100% sure so dont quote me on it.

Fingers crossed you will get a possitive answer soon.