Board logo

halfords discount
nib1980 - 13/12/10 at 10:37 PM

Hi All

I forgot i have a halfords discount card.

does anyone happen to know what discounts that gives you on there toolboxes?

many thanks

Neil

PSpirine - 13/12/10 at 10:38 PM

I think none given they're 30% off at the moment!

cliftyhanger - 13/12/10 at 10:44 PM

tools seem to be 10% unless there is another offer.

NigeEss - 13/12/10 at 11:10 PM

Discount varies depending on what you are buying.

interestedparty - 14/12/10 at 06:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NigeEss
Discount varies depending on what you are buying.

Correct. Can be really GOOD on some items, spark plugs for instance, v. cheap

mangogrooveworkshop - 14/12/10 at 06:33 AM

Dont use card if the item is on special as they charge you full original price ..........if its on thier really special price

[Edited on 14-12-10 by mangogrooveworkshop]

interestedparty - 14/12/10 at 08:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
Dont use card if the item is on special as they charge you full original price ..........if its on special

Never happened to me. But then I make a point of asking the price with and without the card, and they tell me the cheapest way of buying it. Not a problem.

bigbravedave - 14/12/10 at 12:34 PM

3 for 2's are good with a trade card.

They usually work out on the till as 3 times trade price minus 1 times full price.

3 gallons of concentrate screen wash for £2, aparently :-)

NS Dev - 15/12/10 at 11:23 AM

was going to say, at my local branch, all the offers still stand, THEN they take off the trade.

I got a £95 socket set the other day for around £35, it was half price offer, then less discount!

My opinion of halfords has changed somewhat since getting the tradecard!!!

DorsetStrider - 19/12/10 at 05:11 PM

The official line is that special offer prices are independant of trade card prices. I.e. usual price £199.99 Trade price £99.99. Special offer price £99.99 trade price STILL £99.99. So it's always worth finding out which is cheapest. Sometimes (very rarely) the offer price is cheaper than the trade price, A good example being the BOGOF on extreme brillence bulbs. If you by them on trade they are cheaper individually but you don't get the BOGOF offer. As a result you're paying £30 for 2 bulbs (usual price £50 for the pair) but if you had bought them on the BOGOF Offer it would only have been £25.

This does depend on individual stores thou and as a result some stores do give trade price off offers, etc.

As for tools (including boxes) the average price on trade is 20% off the usual retail price. However it does vary from tool to tool depending on how much profit halfords makes on the individual item.

a very rough break down of savings is as follows... but remember these are only averages and vary item to item.

Tools = 20%
Oils = 15%
Batteries = 40%
Spark plugs = 60%
Bulbs (interior/exterior) = 80%
Bulbs (headlight) = 50%
Bulbs (headlight premium) = 30%
Replacemnt Parts (brake pads etc) varies considerably dependant on prices at local motor factors.
Filters = 40%