Board logo

BLOODY DELL COMPUTERS!
Confused but excited. - 17/11/09 at 01:09 PM

I need to run a head clean routine on my printer (Dell Photo 926), because I haven't used it in a while and the colours are coming out 'dirty'. Can't find the printer destructions (isn't it always the way?), so I rang Dell UK. Spoke to a very nice chap in downtown Dehli, who said "No problem, I can talk you througjh it. There will be a diagnostic fee of £39.00"
WTF!
"WHAT?" said I, "£39 just to tell me which couple of buttons to press?" "Yes". He said. "In that case, it's going in the fookin' bin and I'll buy an Epson". Said I.

40inches - 17/11/09 at 02:56 PM

This any help
OOPs! seems Dell have removed the manual
Try removing print head and stand cartridge nozzles in about 5mm of hot water for about 10 mins blot with paper towel and try printing. Nothing to lose!

[Edited on 17-11-09 by 40inches]

Confused but excited. - 17/11/09 at 04:04 PM

The print head is actually on the cartridge. tried cleaning it, just the same.
Tried the second 'new' cartridge and it was worse!
Contacted cartridge supplier (Cartridge Discount. They are the only people to do Dell compatibles....allegedly) and told him they were on their way back.
Should have bitten the bullet and bought OEMs'.
Actually I should have got an Epson printer.
For what this has cost me. I could have bough a bloody Epson.
Dear Santa...............

[Edited on 17/11/09 by Confused but excited.]

saren1986 - 19/11/09 at 08:18 PM

I am pretty sure my mate sells Dell compatible cartridges. She is mail order. Check her out http://www.inks2you4less.co.uk/

Confused but excited. - 27/11/09 at 11:50 PM

Cheers will have a look before I bin it.

Wouldn't you know it! Doesn't do them for my printer.

Jeez! I could so easily become a conspiracy theorist

[Edited on 27/11/09 by Confused but excited.]

gazza285 - 27/11/09 at 11:57 PM

Thrown my Epson away as it was a load of slow crap, now running an HP, seems ok so far.

02GF74 - 28/11/09 at 04:40 PM

dell have a user forum - join and post your query on there - a lot of helpful peeps should see you sorted.

Confused but excited. - 1/12/09 at 10:44 PM

Cool! Cheers dude.