Board logo

Who here makes wiring looms?
marcjagman - 28/4/11 at 08:18 AM

I seem to remember someone on here makes wiring looms, can anyone tell me who they are please? Got to the stage where I really need to start thinking about making things work.

flibble - 28/4/11 at 08:19 AM

eddie99 I believe

[Edited on 28-4-11 by flibble]

gavin174 - 28/4/11 at 08:41 AM

I think Eddie may have taken early retirement..(still in his teens!!!!)

he has gone to uni, is finishing off his GTS Panther and trying to prepare a ZX10 Global for 750MC

always worth an ask thou

sdh2903 - 28/4/11 at 09:14 AM

there is premier wiring (not on here) as well, however not the quickest but alan seems a nice bloke.

daniel mason - 28/4/11 at 09:28 AM

trailer flex mate. its the future. i have wire my car in this over the last few day and after a few teething problems, everything is working as it should.

ruudbeckers - 28/4/11 at 10:35 AM

what do you mean with trailer flex?

nick205 - 28/4/11 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ruudbeckers

7 core cable usually used to wire trailer boards to the tow vehicle. Cheap as chips, sturdy and thick enough cores fo lights etc. Ideal for front to rear wiring of a 7 type vehicle.

nick205 - 28/4/11 at 11:07 AM

Premier make a good loom. I've also used the Vicki Green loom which worked well for my Pinto engined Indy.

If building again I'd be tempted to build my own loom from scratch to get everything exactly the right length and position - i.e. let component placement dictate the loom rather than the other way around. Might costs a little more, but worth the extra IMHO.

[Edited on 28/4/11 by nick205]

mad4x4 - 28/4/11 at 11:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
quote:

7 core cable usually used to wire trailer boards to the tow vehicle. Cheap as chips, sturdy and thick enough cores fo lights etc. Ideal for front to rear wiring of a 7 type vehicle.

Tip Run two Lengths when you build, then you will have extras for things like fuel pump and reverse lights etc that you forget about until last minute

Mr Whippy - 28/4/11 at 12:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
quote:

a very good idea that

Dangle_kt - 28/4/11 at 12:38 PM

I have a vicky green loom in the garage that is for sale.

postage will be a little bit, but say £55 plus P&P?

snowy2 - 28/4/11 at 12:42 PM

Making your own wiring Loom is an absolute doddle, I can provide a link to a site that shows you how.......YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SACRIFICE CHICKENS OR ANYTHING!
if you are able to build a locost you are bright enough to wire a car....

SeanStone - 28/4/11 at 01:07 PM

please provide the link

daniel mason - 28/4/11 at 01:31 PM

i have never wired anything on a car before. i bought a load of 7 core trailer flex and went from there. 2 runs to the back of the car and 2 out to the front, and plenty of spare cores. all the feeds from fuses/relays/switches can also be done with this if you strip it out of the outer sheath and use the single cores. everything works as it should but i need to tidy it all up and caliberate the dash unit still.

snowy2 - 28/4/11 at 06:24 PM

here you are......it is really simple to rewire a small "7" style car, the circuits are broken down to manageable chunks for easier understanding. Hope it all helps.

oops the link DOH!

http://www.godspeed.me/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1058

[Edited on 28/4/11 by snowy2]