why do things break at the most difficult times
timf - 24/2/04 at 12:45 PM

grinder packs up at 9:10 last night just after B&Q close

spin
spin

Jon Ison - 24/2/04 at 01:04 PM

its called "sods law"

ned - 24/2/04 at 01:10 PM

you mean like when i took a week off work last summer and the welder packed up on day 2, stumped my progress a bit that did!

Ned.

timf - 24/2/04 at 02:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ned
you mean like when i took a week off work last summer and the welder packed up on day 2, stumped my progress a bit that did!

Ned.

wasn't that the same time you spent 2 days doing nothing cause you forgot the gogglesand got something in you eye ? hey ned

well new grinder purchased from b&q at lunch one of the 'performance pro' range with 3yr waranty (see how long it lasts)

ned - 24/2/04 at 02:25 PM

no, iron filing in eye was a different occassion.

Ned.

timf - 24/2/04 at 02:43 PM

can't poke fun at ned.

i did the arc eye episode once.
decided to drive to A&E . have the big pads fitted to both eyes and realise i cant drive home to quote hommer j DOH

David Jenkins - 24/2/04 at 02:46 PM

I was shocked when I got arc eye - it bl**dy hurts! You wouldn't think that a flash of light could cause so much discomfort...

David

Peteff - 24/2/04 at 07:08 PM

It's the UV rays that cause it, like a bad sunburn on your conjunctiva, the skin over the eyeball. When I worked on the arcair it used to get hot enough to crack your green lens and then you got a flash with a vengeance. If anyone asks what it's like tell them to rub swarfega and sand into their eyes if they really want to know.

yours, Pete.

escary - 24/2/04 at 07:34 PM

booked a week off work to build the frame, got all my ducks in a row
Mig with new wire and full gas bottle
Steel blade on adjustable chop saw
new lengths of steel.
plans drawn out on a plotter full size and attach to the build board.
But....
Building in my parents garage and they delayed the return of their holdays and didn't tell me!!!!
got one and a half days at it.
only got the frame done with the exception of La, Lb, Lc and Ld.

Now i've been promoted at work and haven't been near it since October and yes I am ashamed.

pbura - 24/2/04 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
its called "sods law"

Sod...

Isn't he the guy who invented the E-Z Out?

Effin' things seem to break 60% of the time and multiply your troubles by a factor of 10!!

Pete

stephen_gusterson - 24/2/04 at 09:58 PM

i had a bit of crap from a grinder hit me in the eye 2 years back. I was wearing goggles - it got thro the tiny vent holes!

GET IT SORTED right away. I didnt feel anything more for a couple days, then it hurt a bit.

The hospital puts some stuff in your eye, then digs out the metal (which had rusted into 5 or so bits) with a needle. Not as bad as it sounds, but if left untreated can do nasty things to your eye.

dave1888 - 25/2/04 at 06:25 PM

Got arceye once 2 days before i went skiing didn't feel to bad until i was on the slopes F**k did it hurt