Board logo

Grumble - Family stops play
DaveFJ - 12/1/04 at 10:16 AM

Family eh - who'd have'em.......

Brother turned up yesterday needing to store 'a few things' in my garage while he moves house...........

turned up with a long wheel base van (completely full) and a trailer!!!!

end result - garage now so full I can only just open the door and there is no hope of doing anything to the car until he takes all his stuff away. He says a couple of weeks - so we'll call that 6 shall we....

Just felt I needed to get it off my chest and have a good old grumble..

[Edited on 12/1/04 by protofj]

locoboy - 12/1/04 at 10:23 AM

Similar boat to you,

Girlfriend offered my shed for storing some of her friends camping stuff while she moved out of her house into rented before moving into new one (read many weeks!), meaning i now have plenty of flamable stuff in my shed now (tent, Sleeping bags, air beds) so no poor weather angle grinding for me

Bit of a bummer when i am at the donor parts clean up stage.

Only bonus is that i get to have her Fit friend come into my shed to collect it all when she has moved

Hellfire - 12/1/04 at 01:04 PM

Protofj,

Hold a garage sale at the weekend. Flog all your brothers gear, generate some funds, buy loads of flash bits for your build and crack on with building! Tell him its been nicked!

HE'S YOUR BROTHER, HE WILL UNDERSTAND!!

James - 12/1/04 at 01:46 PM

Col,

Put the tent up in the garden and stash all the gear inside it!

You can always take it down jsut before she comes over so you still get to perve!

Prob' solved!

James

locoboy - 12/1/04 at 02:11 PM

Fcuk that, i shall put the tent up and stash the things in it then when she is crawling in on all 4rs to remove the rest of the stuff i shall follow / albeit very closely!

Thanks for the advice James (closet Perv)

David Jenkins - 12/1/04 at 02:22 PM

It must be the season for garage filling!

Our kitchen is being rebuilt over the next couple of weeks, so everything's been moved into the garage until it's over.

Can't get at the car, can't reach the bench, can't do b*gger all!

I'll just have to convince myself that it's cold and damp out in the garage...

Still, it's a few thousand brownie points in the bank...

cheers,

David

flyingkiwi - 12/1/04 at 02:26 PM

my garage is filled with boxes of various sizes which the wife wants to keep "just in case we have to take it back" and a bed that didn't fit the room but she ordered anyway.

Hopefully when we move house soon I'll get my wish and have a double length garage to set fire to!

Alan B - 12/1/04 at 03:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by colmaccoll
Fcuk that, i shall put the tent up and stash the things in it then when she is crawling in on all 4rs to remove the rest of the stuff i shall follow / albeit very closely!

Thanks for the advice James (closet Perv)

Excellent plan......

Alan B (blatant perve..)

locoboy - 12/1/04 at 04:35 PM

i wondered how long it would be before Alan B spotted this thread and remarked upon my stalking plan

Alan B - 12/1/04 at 04:38 PM

Hope I didn't disappoint...

Peteff - 12/1/04 at 08:04 PM

I've been in the shed cutting and welding and I'm convinced it's cold and damp. I think the hot weather in Florida has a lot to answer for in Alans case. I've got Kylie, Nel McAndrew and Kelly Brook pictures up and I still have to drag myself out there.

yours, Pete.

Alan B - 12/1/04 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PeteffI think the hot weather in Florida has a lot to answer for in Alans case......

More than you'd imagine....

David Jenkins - 19/1/04 at 01:21 PM

Grrrr!

Still shut out of the garage!
(no kitchen yet)

Depressed of Suffolk

DaveFJ - 19/1/04 at 01:26 PM

Yep me too - just spent a whole weekend bored and grumbling coz there was nothing else to do - I actually could have spent the entire time in the garage, and got away with it!!!!

How frustrating is that

David Jenkins - 19/1/04 at 02:14 PM

The only bit of the car I could get to on Sunday morning was the back end, so I did a bit of work on the rear lights that I'd been putting off for yonks. Unfortunately I had to work with the door open, so I was 'king cold by the time I finished!

It was the sort of 'feeling cold' that takes a couple of hours in the warm to get back to normal...

DJ

locoboy - 19/1/04 at 03:51 PM

Ditto.........

Using the tool and Grinder outside was far from fun, and using a file with cold hands was not too great either

"im not gay or out though"

[Edited on 19/1/04 by colmaccoll]

locoboy - 31/1/04 at 05:46 PM

chucked out of my shed!
had to resort to painting my callipers outside, thermometer was reading -4
thats silly!
thats silly!

Oh well at least the girlfriends mates camping stuff was nice and snug in MY shed!

[Edited on 31/1/04 by colmaccoll]

DavidM - 1/2/04 at 09:32 PM

Nice shed!

Is it B&Q?

locoboy - 2/2/04 at 09:25 AM

no idea, Girlfriends mum had 2 and wanted rid of one, mine if i removed it

DaveFJ - 2/2/04 at 01:11 PM

Brother turned on friday - with even more stuff to cram in the garage - can't even get in the door now