Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Internal partition wall?
Benzine

posted on 7/3/22 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
Internal partition wall?

I have a large landing area in my house and I'm looking to make a temporary (year or 2) partition for an office area. Obvious choice would be timber stud walls etc but as this is temporary I don't want to plaster etc, and would like to be able to disassemble easily enough. Any ideas on a locost way of doing this?

Unfortunately it'll have to look nice due to swimbo, otherwise I'd be firing paslodes at OSB like there's no tomorrow already

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Sam_68

posted on 7/3/22 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
You couid try doing a seach on eBay for 'office dividers' or 'office partitions'
McLannahan

posted on 7/3/22 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
I'd still go for a timber frame and plasterboard it. Still about £11 a sheet in my local place - not gone up too much yet!

Paint the plasterboard - or wallpaper even easier/neater?

roadrunner

posted on 7/3/22 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Have you looked at 3mm ply boards that are already papered.
They use thousands of them in the caravan industry.

Sanzomat

posted on 7/3/22 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Plasterboard on timber studs will almost certainly be the cheapest way to make a partition. Rather than plastering it you could go for the tapered edge boards (same price as square edge most places) and just fill the joints and screw holes. A bag of easifil goes a long way and if you aren't the best at spreading it sands easy!
mark chandler

posted on 7/3/22 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sanzomat
Plasterboard on timber studs will almost certainly be the cheapest way to make a partition. Rather than plastering it you could go for the tapered edge boards (same price as square edge most places) and just fill the joints and screw holes. A bag of easifil goes a long way and if you aren't the best at spreading it sands easy!

That’s what I did, then to make it look very neat pasted up backing wall paper over it before painting, same texture over it all.

Make sure you put a bit of scrim in the joints to stop cracking.

Benzine

posted on 8/3/22 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the ideas everyone!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.