Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone tried fitting 360 bird-eye parking cameras
Mr Whippy

posted on 28/9/23 at 06:42 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone tried fitting 360 bird-eye parking cameras

Hi,

I see you can now buy 360 birds-eye view parking camera's, for not much money. We have this in the Nissan Leaf and it's always been fantastic. You may recall I'm building a Dalek which is coming on great but as expected the view out of it leaves a lot to be desired, they may have been fine on a TV stage but there's a real risk of mowing down some small kid, especially as it's intended to be used at school fund raising events, the operator (probably my kids) need to see out properly. So to prevent any accidents or enemy's to the Daleks sneaking up from behind, I was going to fit four cameras in the neck grill and a screen inside. These would be slightly looking down so in theory along with the view ahead, there would be a view all round from above. The only issue I see is that the overlap for the composite bird-eye view might not work very well due to the Dalek not being as long as a car, indeed the front and back camera would only be 45cm apart! I'm not sure if the car length would something you could set or if it was that the settings could be made so small? or is the overlap just down to how high the cameras are pointed?? no idea...

Description
Description

Has anyone had experience of fitting one of these, or could even recommend a system they have used?

Thanks.

One funny point is my little kids could never understand why the car in shown on the screen was sliver and yet our car is clearly bright red

Description
Description

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Sanzomat

posted on 28/9/23 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

One funny point is my little kids could never understand why the car in shown on the screen was sliver and yet our car is clearly bright red

Description
Description

I think on some models of car you can edit the colour of the car to correct that!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.