New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Xmas lights
jacko

posted on 26/11/23 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Xmas lights

Hi all
So who has put up the Xmas lights and tree before December
Mine will go up 1st of December

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slimy38

posted on 26/11/23 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
We have some lights up today, but that's only because we weren't the first on the street. The trees (yes, plural, don't ask...) will be going up next week.
SteveWalker

posted on 26/11/23 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Nothing is going up here until the 1st.
JoelP

posted on 26/11/23 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
First weekend of December for me, but I won't judge people who go one weekend earlier. Any more than that is plain wrong though.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

swanny

posted on 27/11/23 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
artificial tree went up yesterday. mostly to test out what the two new rescue cats will do to it!
Slimy38

posted on 27/11/23 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swanny
artificial tree went up yesterday. mostly to test out what the two new rescue cats will do to it!

My mum and sister got a new cat each only a month ago, they're in for a treat when they come to decorate!

Mr Whippy

posted on 27/11/23 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
quote:
Originally posted by swanny

My mum and sister got a new cat each only a month ago, they're in for a treat when they come to decorate!

I have the same issue with the mad dog, he just pulls everything off the tree and chews it up. He's spent the last few weeks going crazy at every delivery driver, trying to chase them off our land like some redneck farmer! I might just hang a poster of a tree up this year

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gremlin1234

posted on 27/11/23 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I have the same issue with the mad dog, he just pulls everything off the tree and chews it up. He's spent the last few weeks going crazy at every delivery driver, trying to chase them off our land like some redneck farmer! I might just hang a poster of a tree up this year
a quick reminder, don't put chocolate on the tree if dogs might eat it.

nick205

posted on 27/11/23 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
Tree goes up here a week before (chocolate free).

Our dog has given up trying to things from it now, so less of a hassle there.

Cat free too, so no bother on that front.

gremlin1234

posted on 27/11/23 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
I was taught, Christmas lights should start Christmas eve, and taken down on twelfth night

modern times they start ~25 nov, and go to through to new year

Minicooper

posted on 27/11/23 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
People were complaining I didn't get into the Christmas spirit and put a tree up at least. So 6 years ago I put a Christmas tree up and it's been up ever since

Merry Christmas everyone

David

Slimy38

posted on 28/11/23 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
I was taught, Christmas lights should start Christmas eve, and taken down on twelfth night

Ours come down on 12th night, but I couldn't put them up on Christmas eve. There's just too much going on to include tree decoration on top.

Mr Whippy

posted on 28/11/23 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

What are the 12 days of Christmas?

The "12 Days of Christmas" in the carol reference the 12 days following Christmas, also known as Twelvetide in Christianity. The period begins with the birth of Christ on December 25th and ends with the coming of the Three Wise Men on January 6th, also known as the Epiphany or Three Kings Day. The weeks before Christmas are known as Advent — hence, the creation of advent calendars.

What are the 55 days of Christmas?

The "55 days of Christmas" in the supermarkets satanic bible references milking every seasonal holiday for every penny it's worth. The period begins by hanging decoration's up so early customers are confused to what month even it is, heightening money anxiety and causing children across the globe to start pestering parents for all the stuff they don't need, for the next 8 weeks. With little connection left to the real meaning of Christmas retailers have abandoned Christ and instead have resorted to celebrating "Kevin the Carrot". It is only a matter of time before this develops into a full blown religion.

gremlin1234

posted on 28/11/23 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Minicooper
People were complaining I didn't get into the Christmas spirit and put a tree up at least. So 6 years ago I put a Christmas tree up and it's been up ever since

Merry Christmas everyone

David
we cheated, and have a tree in the garden. actually we have a holly tree, shaped like a christmas tree, and lights go into that

gremlin1234

posted on 28/11/23 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
my sister in law is allergic to tinsel, I think it is tinsil-itis
Mr Whippy

posted on 28/11/23 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
my sister in law is allergic to tinsel, I think it is tinsil-itis

smart51

posted on 29/11/23 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Christmas is a 12 day festival starting on 24th December. People who start the day after Guy Fawkes night are sick of it before Christmas even starts.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.