Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pikey scum - again ........
MikeFellows

posted on 2/2/12 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
Ask someone who's stayed with travellers for two months anything Not irish travellers (although there were a few irish amongst them) Great people who had jobs, sense of community far greater than anywhere else I've lived, best summer I've had.

quote:
Originally posted by twybrowI am genuinely saddened that so many people are so quick to write off a population - I thought more of the LCB community than that.

this ^

[Edited on 2-2-2012 by Benzine]

I have no doubt that not every single gyspy in the uk (irish or not) is thieving scum, but your argument is like saying you spent a weekend with fred and rose and what lovely people

Benzine

posted on 2/2/12 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFellows
I have no doubt that not every single gyspy in the uk (irish or not) is thieving scum, but your argument is like saying you spent a weekend with fred and rose and what lovely people

So everyone who has never stayed with any travellers are saying "I've never met fred and rose, they're ****s" ?

Why would me putting up a photo and a positive experience mean that I'm saying all travellers are good? I definately don't think that. I wasn't putting forward an 'argument', I was just putting in a nice experience into an otherwise gloomy thread.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zilspeed

posted on 2/2/12 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
This thread is all a bit Daily Mail.

Disappointingly so.

So much for the tolerant place which Locostbuilders was previously famous for.

twybrow

posted on 2/2/12 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed

Disappointingly so.

Couldn't agree more...

tomgregory2000

posted on 2/2/12 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Disappointingly so.

My comment was from experience, had a bunch of them move in up the road and the following day many things went missing and it carryed on until they finally moved on and when they had gone it was left in a right sh1t hole, trade waste everywhere

Ninehigh

posted on 2/2/12 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bj928
i earn loads but don't pay tax, i'm not a free loader, i have paid lots of tax in the past, i have found a loophole to get round tax, i work in a non EU country (usa) for to many months a year, and spend less than 91 days in the uk in a financial year so don't have to declare my US earnings and my US visa is tax exempt as i'm a farm worker in theory, i live on the road, although it is in a truck as a truck driver, its such a nice feeling to know i'm not paying for the uk freeloaders, when i come back for the time i need to to wait for a new visa i live off savings, and pay tax on fuel and everything i buy.

Can I get your boss's details? I'd like to know if he's hiring

zilspeed

posted on 3/2/12 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tomgregory2000
quote:

Disappointingly so.

My comment was from experience, had a bunch of them move in up the road and the following day many things went missing and it carryed on until they finally moved on and when they had gone it was left in a right sh1t hole, trade waste everywhere

That's undoubtedly not an experience anyone would want and I agree, you're right to be annoyed.

With regard to some other posts, nobody has yet mentioned blacks, paddys, gays or any other usual target.

If it's the full on intolerance approach that's being taken, best catch them too.

With apogies for the catch all approach, but that's where this was going anyway.

roadrunner

posted on 3/2/12 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
I guess you haven't had to put up with them yet.

Put up with who? Single mums? Freeloaders?

We live in socilaist country - like it or not, your taxes (assuming you are paying them, and are not lumped in with the other 'freeloaders' are used for a variety of causes, some of which you will agree with, others you wont. That is normal and ok. What I object to, is sweeping gernalisations, stating that all single mums can be assumed to be 'freeloading', all pikeys are theiving, fighting drunks etc...

From the demographic/nature of this thread, I might conclude that LCB is populated by right wing capitalists hell bent on ring-fencing all the money they pay in taxes. But I wont, as I dont see that the genralisation is accurate, or welcomed.

Funny that none of you have mentioned those on the dole, or long term sick pay - I take it they are 'freeloaders' as well?

Pikeys is what I was meaning, single mums and freeloaders dont crap all over my doorstep.

Jasper

posted on 3/2/12 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Yup - same here - my rant is about one very particular and very seperate social group, Irish Travellers in the UK.

And did anybody actually click on the link? They've been found kidnapping English homeless people, usually with drug/alcohol/mental health issues, and shipping them abroad to use them as slave labour - tarmacing, labouring etc.

And I don't think the various Channel Four programmes tried to show them in a bad light - they just did that for themselves time and time again - how can you show a people that have absolutely no redeaming features in a good light?

So no, I still have no sympathy for the scum that they are - and no, I don't feel this way about ANY other social group in the UK, just Pikeys.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

The Venom Project

posted on 3/2/12 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Pikey is not a racial group, the term is used to describe anyone who lives in a caravan or shares the same values and "culture" of "the travelling community", and whose main sources of income are as follows:

Stealing cars, flogging roses in pubs for "childrens' charities", nicking lead off roofs, burgling garden sheds, blagging entry to old peoples house to rob them, doing dodgy tarmac jobs ("we've got some black stuff left over from a job up the road", sometimes with mint imperials used as a substitute for white chippings, or, reportedly, using snow to lay slabs on when the sand ran out, stealing your bollocks if they weren't in a bag and anything else that's not nailed down and anything that is nailed down but will fit in the back of an untaxed Transit when nobody's looking.

Characterised by lurchers on a string, a unintelligible language that "isn't English, it isn't Irish, it's just Pikey" (source: Film: Snatch), a penchant for harecoursing, ketamine, lighter fuel, fighting in pubs and shopping at Lidl.

Best avoided.

It's not that i'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.....

NeilP

posted on 3/2/12 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Scum is scum - I've found it's never really a clear matter of race, wealth or origin although some 'groups' are more blessed than others...

Chucking hate around with a BIG paintbrush doesn't really help though, eh?

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.