Author: Subject: Litter thrown from car window
DanG

posted on 6/8/13 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by monkeyarms
REPORT IT!

I cant stand littering

http://www2.keepbritaintidy.org/Campaigns/Campaigns/Carlitter/Default.aspx

Like the rest of you, rubbish being thrown from cars (incl cigarette ends) really angers me. I like the idea of reporting it on the link above but does anything really happen when you do so???

MP3C

posted on 6/8/13 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
I did actually find that website to report it and did fill it out, however it doesn't ask for the registration of the car, so I don't really think they do anything about it, I think they just want the information for statistics on where the litter is being dropped.
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 6/8/13 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
I see this continually, everything comes out of car windows.... it's also the bottles full of urine that come from multiple occupancy vans that are quite frightening.

You can try and legislate morality, the Bliar ASBO was the usual type of response, but most of the readers here will have had this instilled in them at an early age. I guess the Me-Me generation don't give a.... as usual.

r1_pete

posted on 6/8/13 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
I often wish I had a rubber glove when out and about, when you see someone not picking up their dogs turds you could then proceed to throw it at them. It seems as perfectly reasonable course of action once you've wasted time cleaning poo off your kids shoes!

We have a neighbor who's dog regularly crapped on my front lawn, even though it was on a lead! told the owner to pick it up, and next time I saw it happen I would shovel it up and put it through his letterbox, tries to shrug it off and walks away...

Would love to have seen his face when he found his dogs turd on his hall carpet and the mess round the letterbox!!

Hasn't happened since, and he walks a different route now.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 6/8/13 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Pete, my sister and I did exactly the same thing to a neighbour who used to open his front door, and let his dogs do their business on very ones front gardens
His dogs never got let out again !!

He was a nasty piece of work, and a complete cnut, so im sure he never knew who did the deed to him,

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Ninehigh

posted on 6/8/13 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
I often wish I had a rubber glove when out and about, when you see someone not picking up their dogs turds you could then proceed to throw it at them. It seems as perfectly reasonable course of action once you've wasted time cleaning poo off your kids shoes!

I read a story about a runner who did just that. He was wearing some sort of gloves so he picked it up and shouted "hey love you've dropped something"

She turned around, held her hand out, and got it filled with poo. He just carried on with his running.

richardm6994

posted on 6/8/13 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
these are brilliant stories!!! I can't stand dog owners who don't clear up after their dogs!!
If you're not willing to pick up the little brown parcels then you shouldn't be allowed to own a dog!!! SIMPLES!!

Even when our dog had the "runs" from eating apples off our tree (doesn't happen that often now thank god), I still tried my best to clear that mess up and I carried water with me to rinse it away as best as possible.

Here's my little story...It's only happened a couple of times, but when I'm out with our dog and I see people not cleaning up after their dogs, I just walk over to them with a poo bag and ask them "have you run out of poo bags because I've got plenty spare if you want one"..........so far they've all claimed to have "just used their last bag". They have however taken my poo bag............but the looks on their faces when they realise I'm not going to move on until I've seen them pick it up is priceless!!!

karlak

posted on 6/8/13 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
What about me today.....

Driving to work and a mother pushing a push chair on the path up ahead, with her other little darling about 20 yards ahead of her. So I move to the middle of the road, because I hate to see young children on the path next to the road by themselves.

As I pass the little cherub turns and throws a stone at my car. I slow down and reverse up to ask the mother if she thought it was acceptable ? She first said she didn't see him , rubbish, then obviously is embarrassed, then gets all defensive. "he is only 4 blah blah blah". Well if he is only 4 years old, then you should have him under control near a road.

Unbelievable attitude

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

RedAvon

posted on 7/8/13 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.zerowastescotland.org.uk/content/litter-week-action-2013

Bricoleur

SteveWallace

posted on 7/8/13 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
What I don't understand is why some of the people who do bother to pick up their dogs poop then proceed to hang the bag off the nearest tree or hedge like some sort of brown and smelly Christmas tree decoration.

Does this happen elsewhere or is it just the idiots around where I live?

I still like Ronnie Barkers' line about walking down the street and picking up a small brown Richard the third, placing it on a wall .... and then watching it fly away.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.