Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stash in the attic
JoelP

posted on 2/1/14 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
It can be assumed he smokes weed, and thus knows a dealer. Homegrown is in demand these days because you can get a better quality than mass produced vacuum packed imported weed. He could easily start growing it and selling it at a trade price to his usual supplier. There is plenty of information on the net about how to grow a decent crop, your first attempt would be passable and your second better.

If you are growing it, you aren't going to grow just one plant. You'd have at least 10 incase you messed up. So when you get nicked, and they chop down whole plants and weigh it wet, you have a large weight of material, which they then price at maximum street value as if it was all bud. Thus you end up with figures like half a million quid, when in fact there might only have been 9oz to be had.

Smoking weed is a mugs game as you waste your life, but it doesn't make you a bad person. I've seen sexual offenses result in less jail time than that, so yes, let's keep it in perspective.

jeffw

posted on 2/1/14 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Your perspective is different from mine....

franky

posted on 2/1/14 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Smoking it doesn't make you a bad person, producing it knowing it'll go to kids/teenagers etc etc does. I wonder if he's going to fit 22" wheels to his cars now like all drug dealers do
nick205

posted on 2/1/14 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
It can be assumed he smokes weed, and thus knows a dealer. Homegrown is in demand these days because you can get a better quality than mass produced vacuum packed imported weed. He could easily start growing it and selling it at a trade price to his usual supplier. There is plenty of information on the net about how to grow a decent crop, your first attempt would be passable and your second better.

If you are growing it, you aren't going to grow just one plant. You'd have at least 10 incase you messed up. So when you get nicked, and they chop down whole plants and weigh it wet, you have a large weight of material, which they then price at maximum street value as if it was all bud. Thus you end up with figures like half a million quid, when in fact there might only have been 9oz to be had.

Smoking weed is a mugs game as you waste your life, but it doesn't make you a bad person. I've seen sexual offenses result in less jail time than that, so yes, let's keep it in perspective.

Some truth here IMHO, although I suspect he'd moved on from "a few" plants over time.

jeffw

posted on 2/1/14 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
You don't get 4 years in HMP for a 'few' plants. This was not for personal consumption, this was to make money selling illegal drugs. Man is a convicted drug dealer....you can dress it up like you want but that is what the courts decided and what he pleaded guilty too. Presumable that was done to reduce the sentence !

[Edited on 2/1/14 by jeffw]

yellowcab

posted on 2/1/14 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
May I be totally ignorant and ask who this fella is?

I feel mildly left out with being the only one without an opinion, and not knowing who he is?

Dopdog

posted on 2/1/14 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Filby must be wetting himself laughing
fesycresy

posted on 2/1/14 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
He used to own Pilgrim Cars and was a kit car magazine owner.

He and Peter Filby (another magazine owner) kept on slagging each other off through their mags.

I remember laughing at him at the Exeter show when he asked would I subscribe, told him I only needed one copy.

quote:
Originally posted by yellowcab
May I be totally ignorant and ask who this fella is?

I feel mildly left out with being the only one without an opinion, and not knowing who he is?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

myke pocock

posted on 2/1/14 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hes a gob on legs who has been done for growing substantial quantities of weed. Nuf said.
Agriv8

posted on 2/1/14 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
1/2 a million quid worth is not a personal amount in my view it's production line amounts

agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

snakebelly

posted on 3/1/14 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
Of course the other option could be that it wasnt him actually growing it but he was renting the space to a growing organisation, once nicked hie may have thought it a healthier option to take the wrap rather than dob in the guys he was renting the space to, either way hes a pillock. Personally dont have a problem with a few plants for home consumption but this was, by all accounts, a professional setup. As already saif i bet Filby has had the best Christmas in years!
twybrow

posted on 4/1/14 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
"It was the best Christmas present I could have asked for!" - This was Peter Filby's reaction (I am very close friends with his daughter and son-in law).

I don't know Tanner, but from what I have heard, he is a nasty piece of work.

Peteff

posted on 5/1/14 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
I thought Den Tanner was a detective in Vegas, that's what comes of watching too much telly. There was a case in Derby where the illegal immigrant tending the crop was jailed for one year and the electricity they are using is usually stolen, it's not a victimless crime. Next street a bloke was growing some in his loft a couple of years ago and the neighbour shopped him. The police beat the door in and took five plants away but he was not prosecuted. The landlord of the house ended up with a £4000 bill for repairs when he moved out as the place was full of soil and damp.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.