Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nigel Stepney's letter to Max Moseley - what is really going on?
britishtrident

posted on 18/10/07 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyps
I am sure I am not the only one who remembers towards the end of the 1999 season when Ferrari were found to have illegal barge boards on their car during the penultimate race, Ross Brawn standing before the TV cameras explaining and demonstrating how the parts were illegal, something he also explained to Patrick Head of Williams in a private conversation. In other words, they had run illegal parts. Somehow, a week or so later they managed to convince an FIA court that the part was actually intended to be legal, but they made it wrong - by a factor of almost 10mm! Now, on this forum people talk about making a chassis from metal sticks on a piece of wood in their own garage and get better dimensional accuracy than this so I do not for one second believe that Ferrari had such lax processes on the production of F1 cars. Trouble is, the FIA believed them.

Perhaps the FIA big boss applies the engineering standards of the his defunct March enginnering.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Russ-Turner

posted on 18/10/07 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:
Originally posted by Russ-Turner
Everybody 'cheats' and does their upmost to circumnavigate the rules throughout motorsport, everybody!

I disagree, or maybe we agree but don't use the same definitions.

Everyone in motorsport reads the regulations and tries to find loopholes and areas not considered, yes. But cheating is knowingly breaking a regulation and trying to hide the fact in my book. I don't believe that routinely happens in every team or indeed in all motorsport. In fact it's rather rare outside F1 because the punishments tend to be rather harsh (see what happened to Toyota in Rallying for example)

Trust me. I work in motorsport and it does routinely happen. I'm not talking about a transfer of information between teams as staff members move around I'm talking about blatant, out and out cheating.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 18/10/07 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
Everybody 'cheats' and does their upmost to circumnavigate the rules throughout motorsport, everybody!

Everyone in motorsport reads the regulations and tries to find loopholes and areas not considered, yes. But cheating is knowingly breaking a regulation and trying to hide the fact in my book. I don't believe that routinely happens in every team or indeed in all motorsport. In fact it's rather rare outside F1 because the punishments tend to be rather harsh (see what happened to Toyota in Rallying for example)

Trust me. I work in motorsport and it does routinely happen. I'm not talking about a transfer of information between teams as staff members move around I'm talking about blatant, out and out cheating.

I take it from your choice of 'everybody' that the team you work for cheats using my definition of deliberately breaking rules and hiding the fact.

In which case I'm shocked. It's morally no better than weightlifters taking steroids, athletes taking pseudoefedrin or cyclists blood doping IMO. Time for 4 year/life bans for designers to clean up the sport if it's true.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

andyps

posted on 18/10/07 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Russ-TurnerTrust me. I work in motorsport and it does routinely happen. I'm not talking about a transfer of information between teams as staff members move around I'm talking about blatant, out and out cheating.

I am guessing that with a comment like that you don't want to disclose who you work for, but maybe you would at least let us know what level of motorsport you are referring to here.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

Paul TigerB6

posted on 19/10/07 at 12:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I take it from your choice of 'everybody' that the team you work for cheats using my definition of deliberately breaking rules and hiding the fact.

In which case I'm shocked. It's morally no better than weightlifters taking steroids, athletes taking pseudoefedrin or cyclists blood doping IMO. Time for 4 year/life bans for designers to clean up the sport if it's true.

Ferrari NEVER break any rules though - whiter than white!!!! Just those McClaren boys need fining $50m as they are the only ones guilty!!!!!!!!!!

Russ-Turner

posted on 19/10/07 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyps
quote:
Originally posted by Russ-TurnerTrust me. I work in motorsport and it does routinely happen. I'm not talking about a transfer of information between teams as staff members move around I'm talking about blatant, out and out cheating.

I am guessing that with a comment like that you don't want to disclose who you work for, but maybe you would at least let us know what level of motorsport you are referring to here.

You'll have to read about it in my memoirs I'm afraid. Don't want to say any more than that.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.