New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help! DIY disaster!
James

posted on 8/2/08 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
Stop with the bloody DIY and get that car finished

Funny you should say that....

As I was driving to B&Q in the tin top in the warm sunshine (it's t-shirt weather outside here) I was cursing the Locost's current state and thinking it'd be nice to come down in it to visit the Brighton Teddy Bear Emporium! :p

[Edited on 8/2/08 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

barrie sharp

posted on 8/2/08 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Paint it diffrent colours and say its stained glass, thats dead posh and you could charge them for the effect!!

the cars looking good" a blind man would be pleased to see it"
''stop press'' the blind mans seen it said "it felt ok"

Jasper

posted on 8/2/08 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
Stop with the bloody DIY and get that car finished

Funny you should say that....

As I was driving to B&Q in the tin top in the warm sunshine (it's t-shirt weather outside here) I was cursing the Locost's current state and thinking it'd be nice to come down in it to visit the Brighton Teddy Bear Emporium! :p

[Edited on 8/2/08 by James]

Come on down and visit the now very orange Stylus - more interesting than bears - that's for sure.....

BTW - you got a Sierra steering wheel horn cover bit (or whole wheel) I could borrow?

[Edited on 8/2/08 by Jasper]

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

James

posted on 8/2/08 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
One or possibly even two if you want dual steering!
Although I think the 2nd is actually ChrisW's that he lent me about 5 years ago!

Looking forward to seeing the Stylus very much!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

James

posted on 8/2/08 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DaveFJ
try a polishing wheel on a dremel... it will be distorted a bit but you should be able to get it clear again...

If its really bad the use some >1500 grit wet and dry first.

Okay.... well I'm almost ready to declare Dave a genius for all time and my saviour..... and have his babies!

Had to start with 120grit, then went to 400 and now on 1500 which was all I could get at Halfords.

It's now much improved.... looks like I've sprayed it with the spray on Frosting! In fact, when it;s wet, it looks almost perfect!

Where does one get >1500 grit from?

Motor Factors didn't have it.

Cheers,
James

Mole

posted on 8/2/08 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
My Mum's got some posh distant relatives coming over

Blind them before they get close?

RazMan

posted on 8/2/08 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
It's now much improved.... looks like I've sprayed it with the spray on Frosting! In fact, when it;s wet, it looks almost perfect!

Just keep the lawn sprinkler trained on it then - sorted!

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.